Lest my 3rd child feels completely neglected and forgotten when he gets older, I am going to do his birthday recap as well as the rest of the month, since once again, we're nearing the end and I've not been posting as I have in the past. I'm sorry...I will try to get back into it. :)
My sweet, little Cameron turned 3 at the beginning of the month. He has finally reached the age where birthdays are exciting and memorable. He was up bright and early on his birthday (on a Monday, no less!) at 6:30am. Normally, we don't let our kids out of bed until 7am, but who can tell the new 3 year old, who came into our room, clapping and saying "Yay!!! I Fwee!" :) As tired as I was, it melted my heart to hear how excited he was about the day. It was REALLY cold outside though, so I knew that our 'fun' was going to need to be inside. I had seen this idea on Pinterest about making your own bathtub finger paint, using shaving cream and food coloring. So I put bathing suits on them, made the paint and let them have at the tub. It occured to me about 5 minutes into this 'fun' that food coloring STAINS skin. Oh right. I don't know why that tidbit of information wasn't mentioned in the fun Pinterest idea. So when the Little Man tried wiping his face with shaving cream on his hands (even though I had a washcloth in my hand and was trying to help, Mr. Independent "I do!" wanted none of it) and ended up getting some in his eyes, I decided it was time to put an end to the fun. So I rinsed the kids off as best I could and proceeded to inwardly groan at the colorful palattes they had become. I was never going to live this down...they looked like they had some horrible skin condition. Great mom moment for me...we had already decided we were going to go to Fritz's Restaurant for his birthday that night with Matt's parents. It's a cute restaurant, where a train delivers your food. We've been there once before and the kids loved it, so we knew Cameron would too. We made it through dinner without too much problem, with exception of a few giggles from the grandparents on their purple grandchildren. ;) Presents and cake followed at home afterwards.
We've had a fair amount of snow (says the girl who grew up in New York State!) but it was SO cold, it was best enjoyed from the windows inside. Single digits for close to a week. Not really the type of weather that is even remotely enjoyable to be out in at all. But it was pretty to look at.
Other than Cameron's birthday (and the birth of our new nephew on his birthday!), our biggest adjustment and news of the month was the decision to get rid of our pets, Gideon, our loveable yellow lab and Eden, our pretty calico cat. Cameron is highly allergic to them and after talking with his allergist further in depth, being around them all the time could cause him to develop asthma by the time he's 5 or 6. Since asthma is already a possibility, we decided to find them a new home. We love our pets, but as Matt says, we're not going to make our child miserable to keep the furry friends. So the Saturday after Cameron's birthday, we took both of them to our friend's parent's house about 45 min from here. They live on a farm and were happy to have both the animals come stay with them. (When we told the kids that Friday night at supper what we were doing in the morning, Cameron was the one who cried and said "No new home. Meow stay HERE!" It was pretty sad and I admittedly had a hard time keeping the tears from streaming down my face.) And even though Eden 'sang' to us almost the whole way there, as soon as I opened the van door, she went out exploring and we didn't see her again. In fact, when talking to our friend later, her mom still hadn't seen her and I told them she was loving her farm life. :) She started out as a farm kitten, so I'm sure she's just going back to her 'roots'. :) I have no doubts that she's happier there. I sure do miss her though...I got her when I found out I was expecting Tyler. And Gideon is doing great too. I'm glad we were able to find them a good home, one that was willing to take them both and one that we know the family, so we can go back and visit them anytime we want. I have no doubt they will be loved and cared for. I never thought I would be the one to get sentimental over furry friends, but every once in awhile, I still get choked up about them and miss them. Guess it will just take some time to get used to.






 |
| I did get more of their 'Picasso' pictures, but they were on my phone, as the camera kept fogging up. |
 |
| The only thing Cameron asked for was Mater and Lightning and a tunnel. :P |
 |
| At the train restaurant... |
 |
| "Fold 'em up, Tyler!" My long legs string bean. :) |
 |
| "He-ya!" |
 |
| Matt's last day with Gideon... |
 |
| ...I think they both had a blast |
 |
| :'( |
 |
| Pretty doggie |
 |
Gideon did this off and on throughout the trip.
I think he knew we were taking him to a new home. |
 |
| My little artist...self portrait in Mega Blocks. :) |
 |
Valentine's Day consisted of watching Return of the Jedi (Tyler's request) with my cousins.
My cousin Lori made these adorable Ewok cupcakes. They were so yummy! |
 |
| Valentine's Socks |
 |
| Very fun night - might have to make it a Valentine's tradition. :) |
 |
| Lori is such a good sport! |
No comments:
Post a Comment