Saturday, January 25, 2014

Happy Birthday!!

Once again, I'm more than a month behind in posting. Sorry about that. Life has definitely been busy and that will have to wait for another post because this momma is tired. ;) My eldest turned 7 today - so hard to believe. But it's been delightful watching him learn and grow (literally! We measured him today and he's now over 4 feet tall!!! 2 things that come from my side - height and the red hair!). This year was the first 'friend' party he's had and I think he had a really fun day. It was a busy day, I'm sure he'll sleep well tonight! (If he can sleep with all the excitement of his NEW things!) Since I'm too tired to do a play-by-play for the day, you'll have to follow the pictures to see how it went.

Derek's 'cheese' face
 
Bath night was last night instead of tonight...

His last night of being 6 - he does not look amused at all!

Silly Monkey

It's SUPPOSED to be a Lego piece...with Star Wars characters on top. It did not turn out as well as I hoped it would, but oh well. It was still very edible. ;)

The centerpiece & tablecloth

I need to remember that centerpieces mean nothing to a 7 year old...especially when they are his toys!
In his mind, toys = something to be played with, this 'centerpiece' was never how I originally set it up.

The Cake & the Edible Lightsabers

All ready for the battles


Mmmm. Donuts.


Foosball in the basement

Drawing (because it's what they wanted to do!)

Sawyer was so cute - he drew a picture of a rhinoceros with a person sitting on top. When I asked him who it was, he said it was me! :) I was using the rhinoceros as a car. I LOVE that kid! ;)

Blurry picture, but Tyler and his buddies - Joe, Mikey, Tyler, Sawyer, & William

7 candles

Handsome Birthday Boy!

Sawyer with the present he gave to Tyler

William and Tyler

Joseph & Tyler

Mikey & Tyler

Everyone playing with the Military Base - something for everyone!


Lightsaber fights




And just because it's cute, Cameron is out there with the 'big boys' using a pretzel rod 'lightsaber' to fight with :)

Reading his card from Cousin Titus (aka "Kratt Brother Titus)

His gift from the Mathews - he's excited to do it!

Reading Joyce's card

A book about the animals in the Bible!

No comments:

Post a Comment