Friday, June 15, 2012

Our 4th arrow arrived!

I'm pleased to announce that our 4th arrow in our quiver joined our family on Saturday (he'll be a week old tomorrow!), June 9th @ 10pm. Derek James Boyle arrived just 3 hours after mommy had her 1st contraction. He weighed in at 7#, 13oz and was 19 1/2" long. He has red hair, though not as light as Tyler and Bria, it's more of an auburn or reddish/brown. We've been enjoying having this new little one in our arms instead of just giving him love from the outside of mommy's tummy! The kids love him and 'fight' over who gets to hold him first or for how long, etc. Cameron likes to give him hugs (laying his head down on Derek's head) and 'kisses' (open mouth, sometimes involving a lick). So far, Derek has proved to be a good eater (when he's awake enough to finish a feeding) and a good sleeper, following in both of his brother's footsteps. Hoping he doesn't 'chub' up as quickly as Cameron did, because we've received some diapers as gifts and I would hate for them not to get used! ;)



Mommy and her boys

Good thing God blessed me with long arms so I can hold all my babies at one time!

She got over her 'disappointment' of not having a sister very quickly! :)

Our whole crew!










4 comments:

  1. He is just too, too precious! Congratulations to all of you!

    I, for the life of me, couldn't remember Tyler's name the other night...I kept think a. b. c. d., but his name doesn't start with an A :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, congratulations. He is soooo cute. Seriously. I love the color of his hair. Just a little different. And he's just ten days shy of Ethan's first birthday. It's amazing how fast our families grow, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet! We are so thrilled for your family. Such an exciting time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. congratulations! he is so sweet. i'm glad you have your mom there - hope you're getting lots of rest!

    and bria, welcome to the club, sweet girl. i'll be in your support group when you need one, but having 3 brothers is (mostly) pretty fun! =)

    ReplyDelete