Normally, I'd be posting somthing cute or quirky about the kids, but this post I'm devoting to my husband.
He is the most amazing man I know. He works hard to provide for our family, so I can stay home with our little blessings. The 1 or 2 days that I go in to work for a couple of hours, he works from home. On Saturdays he works around the house, making it look better all the time, whether it's mowing the lawn, or removing all the overgrowth from the fence area, or cleaning up the inside of the house. He works hard. I'm so impressed with him...he's been having some pain in his left shoulder again (he thinks it might be rotator cuff) but that pain hasn't stopped him from doing all that he does. He still continues to work through the pain, in order to make things look better.
He is a diligent servant in the church, where he serves as a deacon. He wants to do what he can to help relieve the extra work that others do. He wants to serve and does so without grumbling or complaining. He is faithful in his personal devotions and having family worship. Every morning, without fail, he sits out in the living room (often before the rest of the family is up) and works on his devotions and memory work.
He's also a wonderful father. He takes time to do things with each child, whether it's building lego creations with Tyler, twirling Bria or just tickling Cameron. Our children know how much they are loved by him and it shows by how much they adore him. They are always trying to do things that will make him happy, as it completely crushes them when they know they've disappointed him. He is so patient with them...moreso than I am. He calmly pulls them up on his lap and tells them what they have done wrong. Raising his voice is not something he does all the time, though he occasionally will have to do it. He encourages them, tickles them, gets them out of their fussy moods, and often times, can keep them all happy at one time. ;)
I have a lot to learn and work on as his helpmate. I'm challenged daily by his hard work, his perseverance, and his faith. God truly blessed me when he gave me this man as my husband.
Awwww....I think you just made Matt's day! :)
ReplyDelete