We've had some pretty warm afternoons this past week, so our sprinkler has gotten some use. The kids had a blast. I think they enjoyed it more the first day than they did the 2nd. Tyler asked me "Can you just not make it so cold this time?" Sorry buddy...it's coming from the spicket outside, it's not like the bathtub! Cameron loved laughing at his brother's and sister's antics and occasionally, put his hand in the water, which would lead to more squeals and him eventually getting soaked.
Tyler got a bike for Christmas and a helmet for his birthday, so he's recently been asking us to help him ride it. Our driveway is not conducive to learning how to ride, so Matt usually walks him part way up the road and then they turn around and he can pretty much peddle his way back by himself. He will sometimes get distracted talking to us and forget how to steer, so we have to grab the handlebars and change his course, but he's definitely improving.
Yesterday we went over to the Turkey Creek Festival, put on by a neighboring town. They had lots of free stuff for the kids to do, including a petting zoo, pony rides, inflatable jump houses, etc. We had a good time and they are already asking when we can go back. ;) Too bad they are only annual events!
No news on the baby front yet. Tomorrow marks 37 weeks for me, what is considered 'full term'. My dad told me today "I hope the next time I hear from you, it's from a hospital bed!" Everyone in my family is really hoping for a May baby (no grandchildren born in May...yet!). This kiddo has LOTS of requirements and doesn't even know it! The kids say it has to be a girl so there's the same amount of girls and boys in our family (which would also even up both sides of our families as well, with 5 & 5 on the McCready side and 3 & 3 on the Boyle side). Hope no one's disappointed if this baby happens to be a boy and comes in June!!! I don't think anyone will mind, really. But I must admit, I wouldn't mind a bit if baby decided to come any day now!!! I'm not feeling miserable, just ready to hold this little one in my arms instead of my belly!!! I want to see the little fingers and toes, not just receive the jabs and nudges from their elbows and feet! But all in God's timing. I just have to trust and be patient. :)
 |
| I love their faces in this picture - SO much fun!!! |
 |
| Sibling fun |
 |
| Happy squeals |
 |
| A very affectionate big sister...more so than what was wanted, I believe. ;) |
 |
| Twirling in the grass - she was having a wonderful time and I was cracking up!! |
 |
| My Sweet Little Red |
 |
| My Mischievious Big Red |
 |
| My Little "Chubs" (though he's really not anymore) |
 |
| Don't know why he suddenly looks 10 in this picture!!! :( |
 |
| Getting the hang of it... |
No comments:
Post a Comment