Last Saturday we went down to Union Station and enjoyed their HUGE train display. Tyler & Bria loved watching them and if it wasn't for all the people there,
I would have enjoyed it too! :)My small town side comes out more & more around this time of year, as I'm not used (nor do I care for) large crowds. The kids really enjoyed it though, so it was all worth it. And Tuesday of this week, my sister Colleen & her family came down and spent a few hours with us. My brother-in-law's family lives in Lawrence, so whenever they come to KS for Christmas, we usually get to see them for a little bit. I wasn't sure it was going to happen this year, as Tyler had some sort of bug (I'm pretty much convinced it was some kind of food poisoning though, since it only lasted for 4 hrs) on Thursday and our whole family was hit with a "plague" last Christmas/New Year's time. Very unpleasant, but we survived. However, because of Tyler's "bug", I didn't want to infect them with anything and I know they were leery of coming down. But they braved the possible germs and for that, we are
SO thankful. The kids had a wonderful time playing together and so far, everyone is still healthy. This was especially nice for me, as I'm still having a tough time adjusting to not going to NY this year for New Year's. After the kids opened their presents, my sister suggested we get coffee on Wednesday and catch up. So I got to have a 3 + hr coffee date with my sister and my little neice, who slept a good part of the time. :) It was so nice to relax and sit down and talk. We don't always get that luxury when our kiddos are around, as she has 3 and I have 2. As of right now, I'm still enjoying the "warmth" of being able to sit and talk with her for hours. Phone conversations just pale in comparison. :) My sister and husband also gave us a GREAT gift, but I have to wait to tell what it is. Can't wait to use it though!!
I don't know if it's the funny expression or the little
tummy hanging out over her skirt, but this picture
makes me laugh! :)

Silly face

Somersaults

She loves her new coat! :)

Tyler hanging his NEW ornament on the tree-
Daddy got him a Lightning McQueen!


Showing it off

Train display at Union Station

Do you see the joy on their faces?

No matter how hard I tried to get pictures of their faces,
they were more interested in the trains than they were me. :)

He was having fun, can you tell?


My sister, Colleen & neice Lydia. She
decided to give Auntie a BIG smile! :)

Titus & Katelyn

She's part McCready; her eyes are closed!

Katelyn & Tyler with a cheesey grin!

Katelyn

Seeing their new gift from Aunt Colleen & Uncle Chris - a kitchen!

The box provided lots of entertainment while daddy
& Uncle Chris put the kitchen together with occasional help
from Aunt Colleen & myself.

Tyler LOVES his older cousin, Katelyn! :)

Titus

In the process of setting up

Enjoying their new gift

We wore Lydia out

See? Boxes are SO much fun!


Titus shut his big sister inside

The finished product
No comments:
Post a Comment