Today was a fun day. My very gracious mother-in-law allowed me to do a little shopping after my only massage. I went to Savers, a 2nd hand store that is (in my opinion) a step up from a regular Salvation Army or Goodwill store. I was looking for particular things, which is always risky when going to a 2nd hand store, but I had a successful day! I found 3 pairs of pants and 2 shirts for myself (since starting this new job, business casual dress is required and I have very little of that), a KU sweatsuit & a t-shirt (for $0.99) with Doc Hudson, Mater, & Lightning McQueen on it for Tyler & a BRAND NEW winter coat for Bria. I didn't realize it still had the original price tag from the 1st store until I got home. It was originally priced at $30 and I paid $5 for it!! It has mittens attached to the coat (they snap into the coat, so no lost mittens), it's fleece lined, but not bulky. So now she won't look like the little boy from The Christmas Story when we go outside. My 2nd exciting deal of the day was when we went to Walmart to look at their real trees. They were all on clearance (I know you're all thinking, "Yeah, because they've been there since the day after Thanksgiving!") but the needles didn't fall to the ground when I brushed the branches. It smells good, the needles are soft, and it's very full with only a few "sparse" places that are easily "hideable". :) It's a 6-7' Douglas Fir and it was only $15!!! That was very exciting to me because I had been calling You-Cut Tree Farms this week and they were charging $6/foot, so a 7' tree would have cost us $42! And now our tree is up (after trimming off the end) and decorated and I think I'm starting to *finally* feel a little more Christmas-y. I was having a hard time getting into the spirit of the season because we won't be able to get to NY to celebrate with my family. We'll survive and just look forward to the NEXT time we all get together even more. And since I haven't posted pictures recently...
I love Savers, too! I've only gotten to go a handful of times, but I always find good stuff. Good for you on your finds!
ReplyDelete