Some pictures were easier to capture than others :)
A little blurry, but you get the idea ;)
I won't tell you how many of these we
had to take in order to get one decent one. :)
Again, a little blurry, but Tyler was trying to escape
so I had to take it fast.
Bria is still willing to sit with mommy for pictures...
Tyler is not very interested in this at all.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
First we went down to Crown Center and walked around. We went to Union Station and saw some model trains on display. Tyler loved this; we had a hard time pulling him away from it. They have a huge display set up over Christmas time, so we'll definitely have to go back and check that out too. We also saw the Lego display at Crown Center. It was pretty cool what the artist did with legos. I only took a few pictures in there, partly because I wasn't sure we were allowed to...
Tyler wanted to get in there with the trains...it
was hard to be so close to all that and yet not be
able to touch it.
Don't know why he looks like he's pouting;
maybe he really did want to play with the trains.
Lego Sunflower
Lego hand & Apples
Self portrait of the artist
Lego tree
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
After Crown Center, we headed to Riverside to take a ride on the Kansas City Northern Railroad. For 50 cents, you can ride around on a little train. I thought it would be something Tyler would enjoy. Apparently we had already worn them out with the sights at Crown Center, because they both fell asleep on the way there. This in part, is the reason that Tyler looks so apprehensive in all the pictures; he had just woken up. I think he really did enjoy himself, because that's all he talked about the rest of the day. He didn't care for going into the dark tunnel though, but I reminded him that God was there too, so he needn't be scared. That seemed to help some...
Getting ready for his first train ride
Complete ham...I think she was having fun. ;)
The tunnel that Tyler wasn't a fan of
Tyler asked to ride again, so I decided I would get off
and take some pictures so Tyler got to ride the train around
2 more times.
The train (Matt & Tyler are in the 2nd to last car)
Our attempt at a family picture. The train whistle
blew as soon as the guy took the picture, so Tyler
wasn't looking, but I'm going to see if I can get my
cousin to photoshop his face. :)
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
After we rode the train, we went to Wendy's for lunch. Tyler had his "Nuggets & Fries & Milk" so he was pretty happy. The rest of the day was pretty laid back. We walked around the Legends (outdoor shopping) and then went to McDonald's for ice cream cones. Then we came home. Matt decided he wanted pizza for dinner, so we loaded the kids up later and drove to the pizza place was wanting (d'Bronx), but it was closed, so we just ended up getting some from Pizza Hut and came home. The kids fell asleep in the car again (wow, we REALLY wore them out today!) and after we ate, I gave them baths and we put them to bed. It's been fairly quiet since and I hope they both sleep well all night. We hope you all had a Happy 4th of July!! We sure did!! :)
What a great day you planned, looks like lots of fun:)
ReplyDelete