Well, I said I would give you a "wordy" update to follow those pictures (I posted those last night and was too tired to "talk" too) so here ya go!
As you can see, Bria is getting around very well these days. She has started crawling and decided to pull herself up to stand - all in the same day! And here I thought those were supposed to be separate milestones. Silly me, I forgot who we were talking about here! My ambitious little girl. :) So now that she is very mobile, big brother Tyler is finding that there are fewer and fewer places for him to play with his toys without having "little miss grabby hands" getting them. But for the most part, he is very patient and tries to give her a car or two to distract her from his neat and orderly line of 20. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. :) Every once in awhile he will get tired of her messing up his "organization", that he will just take all his cars and put them under his legs and say "No baby...baby no!" Sharing is a hard concept, but I think he's beginning to understand how it works. We had some friends over for dinner Friday night and they have 6 beautiful children, ranging in age from 11-17 months. Tyler was completely fascinated by all these other people to watch and play with that he didn't even seem to mind that they were playing with his toys. We all had a good time and are looking forward to the next time we can get together. :)
I think the most interesting thing to me these days is the memory that Tyler has "recently" developed. I say recently because I don't remember him remembering stuff that happened weeks or months ago like he does now. Little things seem to be the most common memories, like the outfit he wore when he fell and skinned his knees (back in February!)...whenever I put it on him, he always pipes up and says "Knee! Ow. Boo boo." Or even a couple of weeks ago when we were on our way to Grandma & Grandpa's house for Sunday dinner and we got stuck behind a Wonder bread truck trying to back in to the outlet store for delivery. Matt was getting a little annoyed (I know we all have our moments of being annoyed when driving!) with the trucker because he was taking his time, even though he was backed in right, he kept changing his mind and doing it over and made some sort of groaning noise and now that's what Tyler does whenever we go that way. "Truck. Daddy. Argh!" He makes us laugh with these memories and we wouldn't trade the constant chatter for anything!!!
As for Matt & I...things are still pretty much same with us. Matt was supposed to go to Mexico last week for work, but due to the swine flu, had his trip postponed until June. He is keeping busy at work and has started another class to get him one step closer to his CUSECO certification. I'm not entirely sure what that stands for but I think it's something like "Certified United States Export Compliance Officer". I am busy trying to keep up with the kids. One of Tyler's favorite games is "chase" (running in circles through the living room, kitchen and dining room) and sometimes I wonder how many times I'd have to chase him to run a mile. Probably a lot more than I do, but I'm often winded when I done. :) Beyond chasing kiddos and doing laundry that never seems to end, I'm still working 1 day a week doing massages. This week is an exception, in that the other therapist is not here and I told the receptionist that I would be available if needed. Other than that, life is pretty much "normal" for us.
Well, I hope this was a sufficient "catch-you-up", but if not, feel free to leave me a comment and let me know what I've left out!! :) Hope you're all doing well!!! We miss you. :)
molly did the same thing - crawled (for real) and pulled up to stand on the same day (Easter). such busy girls! =)
ReplyDelete