Pictures first or words...hmm, I'm guessing MOST people would prefer to see pictures of our cuties, so I should post some now and save the words for after. Of course if I do that, then you may not read what I write and I will have therefore wasted my time and my words. :) So how shall I rectify this?? Decisions, decisions...
This is Miss Bria, doing her daily activities:
smiling, jabbering, and chewing on things.
These are moments we see quite often and
nobody has any complaints!
Mr. Tyler is enjoying mommy's most
recent purchase from craigslist: a basketball hoop.
Bria is enjoying some pancakes this AM. She has
her hands folded like she's ready to pray. ;)
Pure joy!
~Bria puts herself on all fours from time to time, but most of the time she still just flops on her tummy. If she really needs to move from here to there, she either rolls herself there or she'll scoot backwards on her tummy. So far I've only seen her do that on the wood floor in the kitchen, but when she realized she was moving away from mommy instead of closer, she turned herself around and started scooting backwards towards me. Smart cookie, that one. ;)
~I decided to play a game with Tyler the other day. I took his 2 puzzles (one of vehicles and one of jungle animals) and took all the pieces out and placed them on the floor. When I asked him "Where's the moving truck?" He pointed it at immediately. We went through all the pieces and then I decided to make it tougher. I flipped all the pieces over so you couldn't see the pictures, just the wooden shapes. I again asked him "Tyler, where's the garbage truck?" and he didn't even hesitate and handed me the RIGHT piece! I was truly amazed and very proud. :) He didn't have any trouble finding the pieces I asked for the very first time. I also took all of his shape blocks and lined them up. I asked him to point to the square, oval, star, etc. and he got them all right! He also says the words "Oval", "Star", "Apple", "Cat", "Hat", "Baby", & "Papa" very well. He's becoming more verbal everyday and we can sort of have conversations. :) It is quite humorous though, because he has become a little bit of a "tattle tale". :) It's not usually anything bad per se, but he has lots of stories to share.
~Matt had a dinner meeting at work on Wednesday night, so after I put Bria to bed, Tyler and I started watching some videos of when he was a baby. It was fun looking back and seeing how far he's come. It's amazing how quickly time goes by though; it makes me so happy to know that I have the privilege to stay at home with my babies and to watch them grow and learn new things every day. It is so much fun! That's not to say there aren't days when I'm really ready for 8pm to roll around so we can put them to bed and I can just enjoy some stillness, but overall, I'm really glad to be home. Matt & I have talked about homeschooling off and on and while the idea of it terrifies me immensely, I also think of the joys & challenges it must bring to parents: to see their kids catch on to something and yet being concerned you're teaching them everything they need to know (or is that just MY concern?!) So even though the homeschooling decision is a few more years away, sometimes it's not as scary to think about anymore. Funny how that works. :)
Oh, don't be scared of homeschooling, Anne. I think you'd be great at it. Plus, there are so many resources to draw from... you would know if you were on track or not :)
ReplyDeleteThey just get cuter all the time!
I didn't mean to put pressure on you to blog...I know that it can be a challenge to keep your focus on the 'real' world instead of getting sucked in to the 'online' world. Kudos to you that you made the right choice and focused on your kids and hubby more! Love the pictures. And, Anne, I am learning more every year that there is no way *to* teach your kids everything they'll need to know. With homeschooling or training the kids I am so often reminded that I must rest in the grace of God--Yes, do my best, but at the same time cry out to Him to ultimately give the kids what they need in every area of life. What a relief that God loves and cares for them even more than I do!
ReplyDelete