Tuesday, April 7, 2009
Blessings...never take them for granted.
While reading a friend's blog the other day I came across this blog and after I read a little on that one, I stumbled onto this one. It's always hard to come in on the middle of a story, but if you have the time, I would encourage you to read some of the older posts on both of these blogs and just think of how blessed you really are. As I sat here this morning and read about the struggles they went through (and continue to go through), I had tears streaming down my face. How is it possible that I have had 2 very easy pregnancies, 2 healthy babies and yet, I somehow forget that healthy pregnancies and healthy babies are a blessing from the Lord? We are so blessed and too often I find myself getting wrapped up in the minor issues that come with having children (spills, tantrums, messy diapers, etc.) instead of hugging my children reguarly (I do a lot of this too, but I'm trying to make a point here) and thanking the Lord for every precious second I have with them. So, I would encourage you to hug your babies, your grandchildren, your neices, nephews, cousins, friends, etc. and thank Our Heavenly Father for all of our precious little ones.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I only read part of the second one you mentioned and was in tears! It is easy to get frustrated by the little things and yet that is a part of "raising" them... a great reminder of how blesses we are to have healthy happy kiddos and how much fun it is to give hugs!!
ReplyDeleteIsn't it SO true though. I am SO thankful for healthy babies...I just can't even describe how my heart is overwhelmed when I read the blog entries from these two women. God is using their stories though...it's just a reminder that even through our hardest hours He is ALWAYS there.
ReplyDeleteI have a friend who has five healthy children and she and her husband would love more, but she has had miscarriage after miscarriage. Seeing her go through the pain of that has caused me to realize (remember) that God is the giver of life. I tend to think my own fertility is 'in my own hands', but that and each of my children really aren't mine to control at all.
ReplyDelete