Well, I called Fujifilm yesterday to see if there was some way I could turn off the shutter delay. The man I spoke to said there shouldn't be a delay at all and that there was something wrong with this particular camera. He asked where I bought it and said I needed to send it back. So then I called Newegg and told him what the guy from Fujifilm told me and he was very accomodating. He e-mailed us the return merchandise number as well as the shipping label so now I just have to drop it off at a UPS location. Hopefully the next camera they send won't have any problems with it and I'll be just as excited about it as I was when I first bought it. :)
Now on to a kiddo update...Tyler is learning new words everyday. He's still not what I would call a very verbal child, which is fine. I still enjoy watching him use the signs that he has learned. He is also starting to have a memory. I say this because I never knew if he thought his toys were new everyday. (You know, "Ooh, what's this? I haven't seen this before!") Now he tells me about things that happend awhile ago...like when we had a really nice day back in early March and he fell & skinned both his knees (he was wearing shorts). He now comes up and sits on the floor, pulls up his pant leg and points to his knee and says "knee!" even though you can't even tell where the scrapes were. And tonight after our conference at church, Matt's dad came up to me and told me he needed a translator...apparently Tyler was telling Papa that he spilled water on his pants when he was playing in the nursery. It's fun to be a translator, but I definitely don't understand everything he tries to tell us. That's part of the learning for all of us, I guess.
Bria is now 7 months old and hasn't figured out crawling yet, but has managed to roll herself around in order to play with a different toy that's a few feet away from her. She lunges at everything. Today she was actually trying to feed herself some fruit puffs and Cheerios when she was in her exersaucer. She hasn't quite developed her pincer grasp yet, so she still shoves her whole fist in her mouth in order to get the little snacks inside. :) Our "excitement" for the week is that she's thrown up a couple of times the past few days. She's teething, but no teeth have poked through yet, but because she's teething, her nose is running constantly. And after taking her to the doctor today (she's thrown up at least once since Wednesday, today was a few more times and I was starting to get concerned), he determined that she has a bad sore throat that usually affects older kids and adults, but not infants. He said it that it's a virus and has to run its course, but the drainage from her teething is irritating her throat more, possibly making her gag, and thus, making her throw up. I don't know how that all works, but hopefully it will pass soon. He said it could take up to a week. She acts normal (except when she's in the process of throwing up) though, so I only give her Tylenol when she seems like she's hurting. He also suggested using gripe water or the heavy syrup from canned peaches to calm her stomach down. I didn't have any peaches, so I got some more gripe water (we used it when she was a newborn, because it's supposed to help with colic/fussy babies, but it expires within 6 weeks of opening it) and it seemed to help her tonight. Hopefully we can keep the throwing up to a minimum (poor baby threw up all over her crib this morning...everything was SOAKED!).
Last night was the first night of our Spring Conference at Church. Our speaker is Ted Donnelly who's from Northern Ireland. He spoke at the RP International Conference in 2004, I think. He is speaking on John's Portrait of Jesus. We have REALLY enjoyed his messages last night and tonight. He is a very gifted speaker who speaks the Word of God very clearly. We've had quite a few visitors too. He's very easy to listen to (not just because of his Irish accent either!) ;) The conference has 2 more sessions tomorrow at 9am and 10:30am. I will be in the nursery during the 9am session, but am looking forward to being back in there for the last one. I believe they are going to put them on the Shawnee church website (http://www.shawneerpc.org/about_rpcna.html) so people can download them.

anne, if ted donnelly is at church tomorrow, you can give him a hug and a big "HI!" from me! i've gotten to stay at the donnelly house in ireland twice (he and my mom are old friends), and i just love them. lucky you - he is a really good speaker! =)
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear about poor Bria! Ryan had that same virus (just after the stomach one). The sore throat and high fever lasted about 24 hours and the cold-like symptoms persisted for about a week. I hope she is feeling better!
ReplyDelete