Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Our New Camera...

Do you remember the excitement I had when I posted about the great deal I got on a new digital camera? Well, it arrived today and I must admit; some of the previous excitement has dissipated. The camera is smaller than I thought it would be. Almost too small. I have large fingers (my sister lovingly tells me I have "man hands", but I've never had any of my clients complain, so I guess I'm in the right profession!) and I have a hard time pressing the right buttons. That's one disappointment. The biggest disappointment I have found is that there is shutter delay when you try to take a picture. I spent most of my afternoon trying to figure out if there was (is?) a way to turn that feature off. I've had a few suggestions, which helped somewhat, but I've found that in order to get less of a delay, I have to shut off the Face Detection with Automatic Red Eye Removal. That apparently is a huge selling point of this camera, but if I have to deal with a delay or red eyes, I guess I can always edit the red eye when I print off the pictures. It does have a "continuous" feature, which allows me to shoot 3 pictures in sequence, but I don't think this is for normal, everyday use. But I thought I'd post some pictures that I took. I would love to know what you think...it might help me decide if we're going to keep it or not.


The color seems sharp...

...but maybe not as "true" as our old one?

Some continuous shots...


No comments:

Post a Comment