Monday, January 19, 2009

Life Goes On...

Well, here we are in the 2nd to last week of January. Is it possible that this month, along with all the rest, has flown by? In a few days, we will be celebrating Sawyer's 1st birthday, Tyler's 2nd, and Matt's 31st. Wow.



We've settled back into our "normal" routine. For the most part, the days have been going pretty smoothly, with Tyler not having as many fits as he was when he wasn't feeling well. He still has some cranky moments, but they seem to be decreasing and my generally very pleasant & happy boy is returning. Tyler seems to understand that if he eats his meals, he may get a treat. He didn't eat lunch one day when we were at Grandma & Grandpa's, so while the rest of us were enjoying some ice cream, he sat on my lap and watched. He kept asking for some, but I told him that he didn't eat his lunch so he didn't get any ice cream. I really think he thought I was going to give in, but I held strong. After all, this is ICE CREAM we're talking about. :) But I explained to him that everyone who was eating ice cream ate their lunch first. I asked him if he ate his lunch and he shook his head "No". So when I asked him if he gets ice cream too, he said "No". Must have been a hard lesson for him to learn though, because ever since then if I tell him to eat his lunch or dinner, he does. I've been amazed at the amount of food he is putting away now. His appetite has definitely returned. He still loves playing with all of his cars, is starting to become interested in coloring, but has a hard time remembering that the crayons stay on the paper, and is very helpful and loving towards Bria. He's always willing to get me the burp cloth or a toy for her (he doesn't stop with one, he will bring ALL the baby toys if I don't stop him after 3) and even throws her diapers in the trash and has only tried to open them a few times. ;) He's a very sweet little boy and I'm eager to see what his 2nd year brings for us.

Bria is 4 1/2 months old now, is able to be entertained in different ways now and is content sitting in the exersaucer or the jumper for 30 minutes at a time. She's getting stronger at sitting up every day, but hasn't completely mastered the skill. She has, however, rolled over from her back to her tummy. Matt & I, of course, still have yet to see her accomplish this, but we know she's done it because if we leave the room and she's on her back, we'll come back in and she'll be on her tummy. She likes to tease us and roll three-fourths of the way and just smile at us when we just encourage to go all the way. I'm a stay-at-home mom and I still have yet to see my children accomplish the back to tummy milestone. Both times I was out of the room! Oh well. I'm sure I'll see her do it sometime. At least I caught the tummy to back on video! :) She continues to be a very happy little girl and gives everyone lots of smiles. We have been so blessed!

I think that's all of our news for now. The weathermen said it's supposed to be in the upper 60s on Thursday. I really hope it is. I would love to take the kids out for a walk and enjoy some fresh air.

Look at those blue eyes!
My big boy
Wearing daddy's shoes
Intently studying his Cars slippers

1 comment:

  1. Bella LOVES the exersaucers! we only have a bouncer at home but she loves to rock and jump as loud as possible - I'll leave that for the grandparents house. haha!

    ReplyDelete