Thursday, November 27, 2008

A Day of Giving Thanks...

I am amazed at how quickly the year flies by. Thanksgiving is one of my absolute favorite holidays - you eats lots of yummy food, spend time visiting with family and friends, watch football, but most importantly, it's a holiday that is special because the day itself is for GIVING THANKS. I enjoy Christmas and New Year's too, but Thanksgiving is different. There isn't the ever present eagerness of tearing into gifts and seeing what our family members have given this year. I don't know about you, but I have so much to be thankful for...and I'm going to close out my day writing just a few of them down (in no particular order) and thanking our Heavenly Father for every single thing.

1. We have a home. A place to stay warm, a safe place for the kids to play, a place to keep us out of the weather outside.

2. I have a wonderful husband. He challenges me in my walk with the Lord, encourages me when I'm frustrated, takes our son out to play outside, even when it's cold, gets our daughter to fall asleep, and made my pumpkin pies when I felt absolutely miserable last night. I am so blessed!

3. We have 2 beautiful children. They bring us so much joy and laughter, even though they have only been with us for such a short time (2 years and 3 months), I cannot remember life without them. Children truly are a gift from the Lord.

4. We have families that love us and are ready and willing to help us out anytime we need it. How special it is to have family...family that love you no matter what, family that shares your excitement and your disappointment.

5. We have a terrific church family made up of many friends who are always there for hugs, babysitting, or just sharing a cup of coffee and enjoying a chat. These are very special people to us and we will try to make it known to all of them how much their friendship and committment to the Lord means to us.

I didn't write down all of my thanksgivings, but I have them in my head. I hope you all had a very blessed day. Even though this holiday only comes around once a year, it is my goal to remember all the blessings we have received everyday.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hope you hac a wonderful day yesterday! Enjoy the rest of your weekend. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait...Boyle made pumpkin pie? Good thing I'm already sitting down. :)

    ReplyDelete