Tyler is a very happy little boy, although we have had more "testing the limits" recently. When he tests the limits and it doesn't work, he gets mad and screams and cries. Fortunately I think he's starting to learn that doing that doesn't help matters at all. It's amazing how quickly bad behavior is stemmed when there is a consequence that follows it. For the most part though, he only tests the limits at home, which is where I would prefer it. He's a very good helper to me during the day and really does well playing by himself when he needs to. There are times he will come into the room and say "No no!" and when I go to investigate what the "No no" was, I find that he's already done something that he wasn't supposed to. Well, not really what we had in mind when we tell him "No touch", but hey, at least he's being honest!!! He confesses right away. Obviously we still have some work to do... :)
Bria continues to grow and change. She's still a very happy baby, but recently has given us more "deer in the headlights" looks when we try to get pictures of her. There must be some fascination with the camera staring at her. She's been sleeping pretty well at night, which has been great. Every once in awhile, though, she'll wake up every 3 hrs or sometimes, she'll decide that she can't sleep unless I'm sleeping next to her. For the most part, those have been few and far between. She'll normally go to bed around 8pm and wake up around 3 or 4am to eat and then go back to sleep until 7:30 or 8am. I defintely can't complain about that!! She's still trying to sit up on her own, even though she hasn't even rolled over yet. I'm telling you, this little girl is going to have a 6 pack stomach before she's 4 if she continues doing these "crunches" of hers. If I lay her on the floor on her back, she pulls her head and shoulders off the floor at the same time she's pulling her legs and feet up. My track coach used to call them jackknives, I think. I don't think I did them as well as she does, even when I was in my prime shape in college. I've been trying to get a picture of it, because it's pretty amazing, but haven't been successful in doing that yet. She may be our "go-getter"; Tyler was more laid back in accomplishing his milestones, with the exception of walking.
As for Matt & I, there's not much new or exciting going on with us. I had a birthday last week. Matt continues to take his online class for his CUSECO (Certified United States Export Compliance Officer), which should finish up in another week or so. He's busy with work and so am I. I gave massages Friday and Saturday this past week. It's nice to have people refer others to me...especially since it's been a little slower starting back up after my maternity leave.
Matt and I did go to a KU basketball game at Allen Fieldhouse on Saturday afternoon. *For those of you not familiar with college basketball or Kansas, let me tell you that this is a very serious thing.* Matt was given some tickets from one of the carriers at work, so he decided to take me. I'm sure he would have preferred taking someone else, but it was nice of him to think of me. If the truth be known; I wasn't that impressed. But before my Kansas family & friends jump all over me, let me clarify that last statement. I had worked all morning and felt like I had been running around (my last massage was supposed to end at 11:30 and the game started at 1pm) all morning, and I hadn't seen my kids all day (which when you're used to spending every waking minute with them, this is a very odd feeling). KU didn't play well, the game was against a team I hadn't even heard of, and the final score was 80-64 in favor of KU. Matt said it wasn't a great game either, so I don't feel too bad for saying that I wasn't impressed. The Rock Chalk Chant is supposed to give you shivers when it's heard in Allen Fieldhouse, but a lot of fans left before the game was over, so I think only the students were doing the chant and there wasn't anything "bone chilling" about it. Sorry. Maybe there will be a next time...maybe it will be a more exciting game and maybe next time I'll be more impressed. But until then, I'll remain a Jayhawk fan because when my hubby is happy, it's a much happier world. :) It was still nice to get to hang out with Matt. We were trying to remember the last time we had a "date" and the last time I could think of was in September '07. If that's right, that's REALLY sad, but we couldn't think of a more recent one. Maybe we can remedy that this coming year.
Other than that, we've all been battling a cold that seems to be hanging on. I got mine the day before Thanksgiving and thought I was over it, but today I feel like I'm getting the second round. Hmm, maybe I need to do some major cleaning and disinfecting. But thankfully, despite having a cold, everyone seems to be fairly happy. Hope you're all doing well.

Don't you just wonder what's going on
in their little heads? :)

Bria would love to figure out how to keep up with
her big brother Tyler. I'm afraid she'll figure it out
before I'm ready! :)

She loves being in the exersaucer. Could care less
about the toys right now, she just likes that she gets
to sit up!

Another sibling moment...

Yes, this is my 3 1/2 month old sitting up
by herself. She's holding on to 1 of my fingers,
that's it. The balance this child has is AMAZING!
It's good to hear an update from you :) I'm probably one of those people you were talking about who hasn't updated in awhile. I keep meaning to, but just haven't gotten around to it :)
ReplyDeleteMan...I wish you lived closer so I could be one of your massage clients ;)
Your kiddos are SO cute! I love seeing pictures of them.