Thursday, November 7, 2013

Fall

You probably already know this about me, if you know me at all, but I absolutely LOVE fall. Everything about it - the colors, the smells, the chilly air, the flavors. Every single thing. I even enjoy raking leaves! It's good exercise and I feel productive when I see how much progress I've made. Unless of course you decide to rake on a windy day, then it doesn't feel so productive. ;) So since fall has FINALLY arrived in my neck of the 'woods', I thought I'd share some of my favorites so far. Tyler and I took a walk during rest time last Friday (don't worry, Matt was working from home. I didn't just up and leave the kids while they were resting!) and enjoyed all the beautiful leaves in our neighborhood. The following pictures (well, at least the ones of the trees) are from that.
 






This tree, was especially cool. It had red and orange leaves on one side and yellow and green on the other. I wish I would have gotten a picture of the WHOLE tree.

This is little boy is getting bigger and braver each day...he actually took his first 3-4 steps the other day! Needless to say, we were absolutely THRILLED. :)


2 Little Turkeys in their 'hand-me-down' shirts. Bria is wearing Tyler's old one and Cameron is wearing Bria's old one. Derek will get to wear Cameron's and we're making a new one for Tyler. ;)

Tyler's last soccer game for the season...the little boy in the street clothes is the coach's son. He was dressed that way b/c his dad and mom forgot about the last game. ;)

Despite the fridge on the porch (they're having their kitchen redone), I thought our neighbor's house was very picturesque the other morning.

Snuggling his Mr. Bear, without a 'cheese face' no less!

I love this tree!!! Isn't it beautiful!?

Look who was standing up all by himself, watching me rake leaves??

Our neighbor across the street has a very flat front yard and a beautiful orange-ish gold maple tree, so I asked if we could play in the leaves (and yes, I intend on taking care of all the leaves for him eventually!).

Enjoying his first experience with leaves, even though they were still pretty wet.


















Throwing leaves at mom was a favorite thing to do...picture courtesy of Tyler









I love their faces as they're getting ready to race to the leaf pile!











Bria took this picture, but she missed the one where I tackled Tyler in the leaves ;)

Our neighbor came out and asked if I wanted him to take a picture of all of us. I couldn't resist and I was pleasantly surprised at how well it turned out. :)


 
Hope you're enjoying some fall fun too!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing these pictures, Anne. I almost felt like I was there with you all. I love autumn, too, and some of my most vivid and special memories of autumn are from the year we lived in Walton when I was seven--the year your father-in-law was born there! (It doesn't seem possible it was that long ago, but now he is the Papa of your four kids!) It's fun to see your children playing in leaves the same way we did. We also tried cooking potatoes in a fire using leaves as the fuel. I have a feeling it wasn't a great idea because my memory of the potatoes is that they were kind of raw. But, it is part of my "Fall in Walton" mental picture album.

    ReplyDelete