No, I'm not talking about the white stuff that falls from the sky, nor am I referring to the ice cream treats McDonalds serve. I am, in fact, referring to the past 3 months. It didn't necessarily
feel like a flurry, but in retrospect, it was. Since Derek was born, there have been occasional days here & there, and with the exception of a week & a half in mid-August, we have been blessed with non-stop visits from family. Isn't that amazing? 3 months straight of visitors. Granted, only 3 of them stayed with us directly, but we had lots of family in town this summer. I wouldn't trade any of those times, as it was really special to get to know and spend time with aunts, uncles, cousins, and grandparents that our kids don't get to see very often. And while I've posted
some pictures of those visits, these pictures are from Uncle Jonathan's visit and our happenings, such as they are, since.
This is my 2nd week of being a homeschool mom and while there have already been days where I wanted to throw in the towel, overall, I'd say everything has gone fairl well, considering. Tyler is an eager learner (sure hope that continues!) and I hope I can keep up with his comprehension and understanding.
Bria wants to 'do school stuff' too, which would be fine, if she understood that Tyler is the one actually in school and mommy needs to help
him instead of her. She already knows a lot so I know that she'll just continue to pick things up from listening to and interacting with Tyler.
Cameron is a little bundle of energy and joy. What a fun age 18/19 months is!! He still doesn't say many words, "Mama" and "Dada" are the most he says, but when he says those, they are often with excitement. He roars like a lion, which is commical, especially when the older 2 have been so interested in watching "The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe" and "Prince Caspian" recently. Every time he sees Aslan, he roars and you can't hear any of the dialogue. Fortunately, the kids haven't noticed and they still think he's funny.
Derek is proving to be an easy-going & laid back baby. One more advantage of not having a schedule set for the first 3 months. He just kind of went with the flow, whereever that may be. Now that he's hit 3 months old though, he is reminding us that he has his own view of how things should go, some of which involve not wanting to be held to go to sleep (which is only problematic when we're at church). He prefers to be facing out these days...wants to make sure he's not missing anything. He is smiling, cooing, and laughing quite a bit now. He's very entertaining and gives us coy little smiles when he's supposed to be sleeping.
As for Matt & I...we just keep plugging along, doing what we do. We did get to participate in the Marriage Retreat last weekend with only Derek tagging along. The kids were well cared for and entertained by the kids at the church and we got to enjoy God's beautiful creation (minus all the creepy crawlies that were there) on a hilltop with perfectly blue sky, bright sunshine, nice breeze, and comfortable temperatures. It was good to reconnect with Matt, as so often is the case, our conversations involve which child needs attention or help or a diaper change or who needs to go to sleep. I never forget why I married this wonderful man and I fully enjoyed the 8 hrs of quality time we had together that day.
Ok...so now for the pictures. If you don't have time to sit, you probably wouldn't be reading this still, so I won't deny that there are many pictures that will be coming. I might break it into 2 different posts, we'll see how long it takes (and how long I have some time to do this!).
 |
| Checking each other out |
 |
| Uncle Jonathan was such a good sport, reading our new library books to Tyler |
 |
| Enjoying our 1st rain in MONTHS |
 |
| Love my Double Delight Roses! |
 |
| There are no words... |
 |
| Taken by Bria |
 |
| Smiling at Daddy |
 |
| Not a great picture, but it shows how much fun they have when Uncle Jonathan visits! |
 |
| Cameron will 'get' anybody who's on the floor |
 |
| Cousin time! |
 |
| All 6 Boyle Grandchildren...sitting so nicely, with the promise of Rainbow Sherbet gum |
 |
| The Marriage Retreat at Camp Curry |
 |
| She told me she was a 'dude' |
 |
| Football with daddy |
 |
| What can I say? The lone sister with 3 brothers |
 |
| He likes the dress up clothes |
 |
| Same rose bush |
No comments:
Post a Comment