Happy Mother's Day to all those amazing, hardworking, loving moms out there!!! I've had a wonderful day (actually days) of being loved and adored. :) Friday night I received some beautiful roses from my children, via my very thoughtful husband. Yesterday, I got to enjoy a pregnancy massage (the 1st massage I've had since my 30th birthday and I was pregnant with Cameron!) which was wonderful and amazing. I'm hoping I can save my pennies and go back to see her again when I'm not pregnant. ;) After that, I grabbed a quick bite to eat before I headed over to get a pedicure (the 1st one I've had in about 2 years). That was marvelous as well, though for future reference, I won't be scheduling a pedicure the day before Mother's Day again, as it was very, very busy and crowded. I still enjoyed it though and now I have pretty feet that I can still *kind of* see. Baby can come now...I have pretty toes. :) Today I was showered with love, hugs, kisses, and cards from my 2 redheads. We had a nice morning at church and came home to serve lunch to my in-laws. Matt grilled the chicken and the zucchini and I made a fruit salad and a chocolate trifle. It was a yummy lunch, if I may say so. :) My sweet mother-in-law kept telling me she should be fixing us lunch, but I told her that she does that nearly every week and Matt was going to be doing the 'cooking' part, so I wanted to give her a week off. She kept Cameron occupied and I did let her help me cut up the fruit for the salad too. :) Matt and I have said on many different occasions how truly blessed we are to have such wonderful parents. They are Godly examples to us of what marriage is and how self-less they are. We strive to be as good of parents to our kids as they were/are to us!!!
Glad you had such a wonderful day Anne. Happy Mother's Day.
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you had a special Mother's Day weekend! You're a great Mom, Anne!
ReplyDelete