Sunday, February 19, 2012

"It's finally winter!"

This post is about a week late. Last Monday, for the first time this season, we got a couple of inches of snow. There's been a dusting once or twice before, but nothing that stuck to the ground. So when Tyler & Bria woke up Monday morning and looked out their window, they could see the cars were 'covered' with snow. Matt & I heard the happy squeals of "It's finally winter!!!" We've had an unseasonably mild winter thus far, temperature & weather-wise, so my kids kept thinking it was still 'fall'. So even though the dates on the calendar say 'winter', they only think it's winter if there's snow on the ground. :)

Matt worked from home that day, so I told him I was going to go out and clean off the cars, shovel the driveway & sidewalk. He didn't want me to, but I told him that I wasn't going to put myself into labor by doing it, there wasn't that much to do, and it's the only exercise I've had in I don't know how long. And besides, I don't mind shoveling (or mowing lawn in the spring/summer) snow. I think he's more afraid of our neighbors thinking he's the bum, sending his poor pregnant wife out to shovel.

Anyway, after I finished shoveling, I came inside and enjoyed my coffee. Cameron was about ready to go down for his mornig nap and the kids were begging me to go outside. So we did. It's amazing how much delight and joy they had playing in two inches of snow. :) Getting to play outside in the snow (especially when it wasn't freezing cold) with kids is something that makes me feel like a kid again. This is the first time that I've played with them in awhile and also the first time I remember them actually enjoying it. Any time we've taken them out before, they would always complain if any snow got on their skin. (Not that anybody likes that, but they were a little over the top with lack of enjoyment of that!) Hope you enjoy the pictures!!

Can you tell how excited they were?!





Gotcha!



Ok, ok. I admit it. I had a BLAST too! :)








Snacking on the snow stuck to his gloves


Silly girl!

Conspriring



Enjoying their 'hot' chocolate

No comments:

Post a Comment