Sunday, October 16, 2011

Helping Papa

Autumn is the time for raking leaves. I don't know about you, but as an adult, it's not really my favorite activity. However, after we had children and I once again experienced the joy of picking up leaves (after you play in them of course!), raking leaves isn't my least favorite activity anymore. Last week we went over to Papa & Grandma's house (Papa had the day off work and it's a good time for the kids to get in some play time with their cousins and their grandparents). Papa had decided that he didn't want to mow all the leaves in the backyard so he was going to bag them up. My children hear the words "leaves" and they immediately are interested, even if it involves work. So they helped him rake up the leaves (into a big pile first to play in) :) and then 'competed' to see who could put the biggest handful into the bag. It's amazing. Perhaps there's a competitive side to all children, but I'm especially surprised by the competition in ours. They are always trying to 'win' or 'out do' someone else, whether it's their brother or sister or cousin or even a friend from church. I guess it was beneficial as Papa was able to fill 2 large bags full of leaves and then was able to mow the rest.
Taking turns raking


I love their faces!!

Do you remember how much fun leaves can be?






And then there's this guy...as long as he had his pacifier in and did't eat the leaves, he was perfectly content to sit there and watch his siblings and cousins be crazy in the pile. :)





Big helpers



Silly Scout



Apparently Bria thought Papa needed some leaves in his attire



I love October!!!

1 comment:

  1. That looks like it was an absolute blast! I love playing in leaves, but our's are all too damp from the rain.

    ReplyDelete