Saturday, October 29, 2011

Autumn Fun

How beautifully leaves grow old. How full of light and color are their last days. ~John Burroughs

Have I mentioned how much I love fall? Because I do. Every bit of it. And while my family on the East coast are 'enjoying' some snow, we enjoyed a glorious fall day, filled with bright sunshine and 60* temperatures. :) Last night we went with a friend (who got us free tickets because his friend works there) to the Deanna Rose Farmstead and the kids enjoyed some treats and walking around in their costumes. They also had cheap supper, which thrilled this frugal family (brats were $2, hot dogs were $1 and hot chocolate was $1). Despite getting scared by some lovely high school age kids who were enjoying scaring small children (what a demented world we live in) a little too much, the kids had a good time.
Silly monkey

Buzz Lightyear with the COOLEST wings there (and we saw at least 3 other Buzzes)

Little Lion isn't so sure of this whole 'costume' thing

Watching the ducks get ready for bed


The little tractors are always a huge hit with the kids




Today we made our annual trip down to the Louisburg Cider Mill to enjoy some cider donuts and fresh cider. The kids always have a blast, playing on the hay bales and looking at the pumpkins. They also have a corn maze and pumpkin patch, but those aren't free, so we never go. ;) Later, after we got home, it was so nice outside, I took the kids out to play in the leaves. It never gets old for them. Or me, as you can see by the TONS of pictures I took! What a perfectly, beautiful fall day the Lord gave us!

Looking cute with their hands in their pockets




She loved leaping off the bales into the loose hay


Getting ready to jump together



Lots and lots of apples needed to make such yummy cider

Mmm, donuts

Mmm, cider

Even Chubs got to enjoy some donuts





Hehehe...whoops!


Know what

was

bringing all

these smiles of joy??

Throwing leaves on mommy!





Love the facial expressions in this one


Spontaneous love for Little Brother




"Hehehe, I just ate a leaf!"


My 3 sweet blessings

2 comments:

  1. Our leaves never got dry enough to play in them, they were just a wet soppy mess. What is it that is so much fun with "attacking" mommy? :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anne! Thank you so much for your message yesterday! Are you Justin's sister?! If so, we adore your brother and Yuko, and your parents! :) I'm so glad to meet you - atleast over the internet, and hopefully one day soon in person!

    ReplyDelete