Sunday, November 20, 2011

Playing catch up, November-style

Well, once again, the month is nearly over and I'm wondering where the time has gone. Do you find that this is a normal occurrence with this family? Someone once told me that the years fly by when you're in college and while they did, I'm pretty sure the years have flown even faster since I've gotten out of college. I'll try to do a quick recap of what the kids are up to and interested in these days.

Tyler is still very interested in the Cars 2 movie and loves to re-enact it everyday with the old cars he has. We have been trying to tell him that it doesn't matter that Christmas & his birthday are coming, he needs to be thankful for what he has. We see glimmers of this getting through as he will occasionally tell us "Mommy/Daddy, if I don't get any of the new Cars toys for Chrstmas or my birthday, it's ok, because I'll just use the cars I already have!" Aww, so nice to hear. :) He often asks me to do 'school stuff' during rest times, so between 2 and 3 afternoons a week, we work on letters, numbers, and sounds, etc. He's very eager to learn and I hope it continues through the rest of his school years. He amazes us with silly comments (for example, when he seemed to be getting full of the fruit I had given him for lunch a few weeks back, I told him he didn't have to finish it all, that we could put it in the fridge and he could have it later, to which he responded, "Don't be ridiculous. It will get moldy!") I laughed and laughed over that one (still not sure where he picked that up, I don't talk like that!).

Bria, at her very eager 3 year old stage, is always doing her best to keep up with (& sometimes, best) big brother in his efforts. She too, has become quite proficient at jigsaw puzzles (50-100 piece ones) and as long as she can keep little brother's eager hands away from the puzzle pieces, she's content working on those at various times throughout the day. Time apparently stands still for a 3 year old though, because the 2 questions I get the most are "Am I still 3?" and "Is it still fall?" I guess having a summer birthday amongst a family with all winter birthdays makes summertime feel that much farther away. She's very helpful with and loving towards Cameron, sometimes too much so. But he laughs at her antics, which in turn make her laugh and I just sit there and enjoy the pleasants sounds. :)

Mr. Cameron in his almost 10 month old glory, is crawling all over the place (something he pretty much discovered/decided to try AFTER he has been pulling himself up to stand). He's all over the place now, nothing is safe from his chubby little hands...papers, puzzle pieces, toys, etc. Mom is busy just trying to keep the path ahead of him cleared of things that could be troublesome to his curiosity of "Hmm, wonder what this tastes like!?" He still likes to be held, by yours truly, most of the time, but he will go to others now too (much to mom's relief...he gets heavy!!). He loves food (no surprise there) and if it doesn't get to his mouth fast enough, he has NO trouble letting you know it!!! I've been trying to work with some signs with him ("more" "please" "all done") so our meal times can be a little quieter, but have not had any success with that so far. He has been napping a little better, taking anywhere from 1 hr 15 to 2 hr naps. He still nurses 2-3x a day, but for the most part, he's eating table foods consistently.

Mmm, breakfast!

Their response to Cameron being "too loud"

9 months old

My 2 little redheads

Any guesses on who this might be??? My children did not know her (though they know her very well) and only after she took the costume off, did they decide she was ok and give her a hug...Tyler did like to honk her nose. ;)

Monkey & Lion at the Church Costume Party

Friend Jenia with her little pumpkin :) (She's due 12/12)

Now, I bet you can guess...

Debbie & Dennis Wing

Silly happy Cameron




My attempt at a nice picture for Christmas. Cameron is just slightly annoyed at this idea. :P

Sillies

Cuties


Eating is SO much fun!!!

2 comments: