Well, it's finally cooling down out here. Our 8th Anniversary was Tuesday and the temperature got up to 107 here. I took our smaller thermometer and put it on our front porch at 4:30PM that day (our front porch/living room face the west, so we get a LOT of hot afternoon sun. If the sunshade is down, it's not
too bad, but it's still probably ~10 degrees warmer out here than the bedrooms) and it actually got up to 147.7!!!! Granted, it was in direct sunlight so it wasn't completely accurate, but I think it felt like 147* out there. I don't let the kids open (or even touch!) our front doors in the afternoon, because I'm convinced they could get burned. Literally. But it was only in the upper 70s/low 80s today. It was still pretty humid, so it felt hotter than that, but I wasn't about to complain. We're heading to NY to see my family and I was thrilled to see the 10 day forecast there. The highs are looking to be in the 70s and the lows at night are supposed to be in the 50s!!! Ahh, I can't wait! :) I will actually get to sleep with my windows open again. And fall asleep listening to the babbling brook outside. Jealous? :) But I have a million things to do between now and then, so this is all the yapping I'm going to do. Enjoy the pictures!!!
 |
| Notice the time...8:37PM and it's still 98*. Ick. |
 |
| My new favorite of these 2 munchkins |
 |
| My sweet boy |
 |
| My beautiful flowers for our 8th Anniversary |
 |
| Mmmm. Watermelon. |
No comments:
Post a Comment