Monday, June 27, 2011

Critters

**Update on the critters. After weeding the garden and getting a good look at what was left of my vegetables, something was REALLY hungry. There is absolutely NOTHING left of the zucchini and yellow squash and just 1 little stalk/vine of cucumbers. Matt is currently out there with a flashlight and he thinks it might have been rats (or mice). But since we had 2 (possibly 3) rats in our yard earlier this spring, I'm more inclined to think they are the culprits. Looks like we'll be keeping Eden (our cat) out tonight and see if she take care of the problem. Otherwise, we'll probably get a trap and stick it in the garden, where our pets and children can't get to it. Ick. Have I mentioned before how much I absolutely DESPISE rats?!**
Do you remember the garden pictures from this post? Thought I'd show you what it looks like now, just 2 weeks later.
 Evil little critter. We're thinking it must be a rabbit coming in from the neighbor's yard (we share a fence).


This is all that's left of my cucumbers. The 2 large leaves on the left side of the picture.


Where my yellow squash and zucchine were

Thankfully, the asparagus seems to be doing ok.

But they didn't even touch the carrots. How ironic.

No comments:

Post a Comment