Today was the day that Tyler had been looking forward to for weeks. We took him to his first movie theater experience and saw Cars 2. He was beyond excited. Since he is such a Cars fan, Matt & I thought it would be fun to do something special with just the 3 of us. So thanks to our wonderful in-laws (well, my in-laws, Matt's parents) who were willing to keep Bria & Cameron, the 3 of us had a "date". On our way to lunch, Tyler said "Maybe I should get a Happy Meal for her" and when I asked who the 'her' was, he looked thoughtful and said "My sister. Bria. Don't you think she'd like one too?" I'm pretty sure I have the sweetest little boy in the world. ;) (And I'm only 99% biased too).
 |
| "We're gonna go see Cars 2!!!" |
 |
| Nuggets and apple slices and strawberry milk (from Quik Trip). Not the healthiest lunch we could have had, but certainly not the worst either. (I love rhat given the choice between fries and apple slices, he chose the apples!) |
 |
| Seeing the movie theater for the first time |
 |
| I think this is my favorite picture of the whole afternoon. The smile on his face was priceless! |
 |
| Matt was giving me a hard time for taking pictures during the movie, but considering it wasn't a packed theater AND there was nobody sitting directly behind us, I did take a few. :) |
 |
| I think this is his "processing/thinking" face. He pretty much sat like this the whole movie. |
 |
| At the end, he wanted to watch ALL the credits |
 |
| He gives it 2 thumbs up. We didn't think it was too bad either. |
 |
| And of course, to top off the special day, a new Mater & a new Lightning, courtesy of Aldi. (Over a $1 cheaper than they are anywhere else). |
 |
| Even though she didn't get to go, we let her choose 2 cars too. Now they will be playing together and Tyler can tell her all about the movie and which car does what. :) |
So fun! Looks like Tyler gets his 'thinking/processing face' from his Daddy. :)
ReplyDeleteSo cute. I love how thoughtful he was/is of his sister.
ReplyDelete