Another week for review...let's see. I had 3 massages on Friday and one Saturday morning. Cameron decided to be difficult for daddy on Friday, not napping well or being very happy or content, so we might have to rethink Daddy working from home with all 3 kids. Tyler & Bria (as a "whole") make having 3 kids pretty easy. They play SO well together and enjoy it too! There are times when they will be back in their room and I won't hear from them unless they are hungry or need help putting something together. They love to play house, race Tyler's cars, make up stories using their stuffed animals, and love to "race" to see who can get a puzzle put together the fastest. Not sure where this highly competitive edge came from, but I think we need to temper it. They've tried racing with eating and getting into their carseats. Often times, the younger one gets an advantage (for example, putting a 24 piece puzzle together when Tyler chose his 150 piece one - Um, yeah. If she doesn't beat you, then we have bigger problems.) and Tyler will take her puzzle apart, which result in "Hey, that's not fair!" and some tears. Obviously, I've had to talk with both of them about being kind to each other and not worrying about who "wins". For the most part though, they are big helpers. They can get dressed by themselves (I may occasionally need to help get a shirt on or off, but at least they know the tag goes in the back!), put their dirty laundry in the hamper, take their dishes to the sink...so many little things that make my life that much easier.
Cameron continues to be a joy. He has his moments (we all do) but for the most part, we can't complain one bit. He's still quite the eater during the day and a sleeper at night (yes!). Still hasn't figured out how to take (consistent) naps that last longer than 30-45 min throughout the day though. If he's being held, he will sometimes go longer. And every once in awhile, he will surprise me (or Matt) with a nice long 3 hour nap. Would like to encourage those for sure, since he's so much happier when he wakes up from those than he is after the "catnaps". He likes to bat at the toys on his bouncey seat, still loves the swing, is starting to enjoy the johnny jumper, and has figured out that he can hold a toy and put it in his mouth. I weighed him last week and he was up to 17# so anytime I have to carry him for long periods of time (even in the Baby Bjorn), makes me tired. And somewhat sore. Fortunately, it's nothing major, just muscles that haven't been used in a REALLY long time. (It has been 8 years since I graduated from college. Which means it's also been 8 years since I was relatively buff and in shape and it took 4 years to get that way and probably less than 4 months to lose it. Rats.) I did buy a backpack carrier (one that you would wear hiking) off craigslist so I will probably start putting him in that more. He seems to enjoy being up high.
I was reminded last night how much I'm still not used to living in the midwest, even though it's been almost 8 years. There were storms in the general area last night and because our county was under a tornado warning, the sirens went off twice. Matt didn't seem phased by it. He heard them go off and said "Huh. Guess we better check the tv and see what they're saying." I on the other hand, wondered at what point do I wake up the kids and take them downstairs. I was a little concerned about falling asleep, but Matt said if they went off again, he'd come out and check the tv. I said a little prayer before I felt sleep creeping in that God would keep us all safe. And we were.
My in-laws celebrated their 35th wedding anniversary yesterday. They have been a huge blessing to Matt & I. We had them over for dinner today so mom could have a break from always feeding us Sunday dinner. Matt grilled up some chicken (marinated in spiedie sauce, for those of you who know what that is), I made a pasta salad, and a fruit salad. Then we had brownie sundaes for dessert. It was easy, light, and yummy. It's a good "kick off to summer" meal. I think we'll be grilling a lot this summer. Tastes better and my kitchen won't get hot from using my stove and oven. Sounds good to me.
| "And this one smells like strawberries, Cameron. Smell it." |
| Tuckered out |
| Trying to watch a 3-D movie trailer on the computer... |
No comments:
Post a Comment