Last Tuesday, I (er, WE) decided that it was time to start potty training Bria. Matt was tired of changing her dirty diapers and I certainly wasn't going to argue that fact either. :) We figured we'd give a shot and see how she handled it. After all, she is our very determined child. Everyone said I was crazy (or brave?) to start potty training with a newborn, but hey...if it didn't work out, that was ok.
And as of yesterday, not even 2 weeks since we started training, Bria started wearing underwear and hasn't had an accident since late last week. She even woke up early this morning and told us she had to go potty and she did! Her pullup was dry when we got dressed this morning. :) And even though we've used princess stickers and starbursts (her choice) as motivators, I think she's got it. At least, I hope she does. :)
This little guy is spoiling me. :) He is a terrific eater and an even better sleeper. He loves to snuggle, watch his brother & sister, bat at the little bears on his mobile, and has already surpassed his brother & sister in weight gain, even before his 2 month check up. He is up to 13 pounds, over 5 pounds heavier than he was at birth, just 6 weeks ago. (And he still has 3 more weeks before his 2 month check up!)
Tyler continues to be loving, affectionate, & sensitive towards his siblings. He has recently started singing (read: bursting into song at the top of his lungs!) a variety of songs & psalms he has heard, whether from videos or tv shows or his Sunday school class. He's interested in anything that Matt & I are doing, especially if it involves letters, numbers, and reading. Perhaps he has some interest in school things. Matt has decided that Tyler might have some athleticism and is trying to cultivate it now. Matt will pitch a ball to him and he can hit it into the driveway from the front yard...don't know if he'll be a champ, but he impresses us. ;)
Love the pictures! GOOD JOB,BRIA!!! We are so proud of you!! And Tyler, I know you have been a good encourager to Bria...way to go, BIG BROTHER!!
ReplyDeleteWoo Hoo for Bria!!!
ReplyDelete