I was very excited to have a snow day today, because as most of you know (who don't work within a school district) snow days in the professional world are few and far between. :) And apparently, Kansas City is in for a "blizzard" (wonder if that's a real blizzard or if it's just a blizzard for people who have never seen large amounts of snow at one time. It's always interesting to see "blizzard" as the forecast though.)
I think the last "blizzard" I was in (and I'm pretty sure it wasn't referred to as a blizzard because in NY, they are used to getting snow, even fairly large amounts of it at one time) was back in 2002, when my hometown received 33 inches of snow on Christmas Day. Talk about your White Christmas!!! :) Big fat flakes were coming down so fast, you couldn't keep up with the shoveling and that is the only time I remember roads being closed because the plows couldn't even keep up.
And now that "the blizzard" has come through, I'm glad it's done. It was a lot of blowing snow, which made it difficult to measure how much we got accurately. Matt thinks it was about 8". I think the accumulation is done, though there may still be some shoveling (thanks to my hubby and our neighbors, who were kind enough to come over and help Matt since everyone's afraid if I do anything I'll send myself into labor) to be done tomorrow, but I don't think it will be too bad. Although, I must admit, I was not the least bit disappointed to find out that our office will be closed tomorrow - another snow day for me! And Matt gets to work from home again, so that will be nice too.

And I've had numerous people tell me that babies come during big storms, so Matt & I are both hoping that the little one decides to hold off for a little while longer...we don't particularly want to have a "storm" baby. But we know that God is in control and if it's baby's time to arrive, then He will watch over us. :) (Though as of right now, I have NO inclinations/indications that baby will arrive anytime soon).
And I've had numerous people tell me that babies come during big storms, so Matt & I are both hoping that the little one decides to hold off for a little while longer...we don't particularly want to have a "storm" baby. But we know that God is in control and if it's baby's time to arrive, then He will watch over us. :) (Though as of right now, I have NO inclinations/indications that baby will arrive anytime soon).
YAY for snow days: Particularly when everyone is home safe and sound. I remember that storm, in 2002, we went out in the road after dark and played.
ReplyDeleteSending lots of prayers your way as you get toward the end of your pregnancy.