I've been wanting to decorate for fall, but many things have kept me from doing so, mainly my lack of creativity. :) But I wanted to do something, so while the kids were having their rest/nap times, I made my first attempt. We've collected quite an assortment of beautiful leaves, thanks to our neighbors' maple trees and the wind blowing them into our yard. My first thought was to make these placemats, but not having any contact paper, I have to put that idea on the back shelf. So this is what I came up with...using twine, assorted real leaves, and mini clothespins from Japan, courtesy of Aunt Tricia and her trips to the 100 yen store (Thanks, Aunt Tricia! They worked GREAT!). What do you think?????
Tuesday, October 26, 2010
My attempt at creativity
I had an unexpected day off today; I didn't have a sitter until after 10:30 and my co-workers told me not to bother coming in then because the girl who works in the afternoons is there by 11am on Tuesdays. I wasn't going to complain - a day off to spend with my kids with NOTHING on the agenda is fine by me!!! However, I discovered this morning that it was very much in God's plan that I stay home today...the kids slept in (delightful!), but soon after, Tyler told me he felt sick and then proceeded to throw up. He seems to be feeling better for the most part, but still hasn't eaten anything except a few saltines.
I've been wanting to decorate for fall, but many things have kept me from doing so, mainly my lack of creativity. :) But I wanted to do something, so while the kids were having their rest/nap times, I made my first attempt. We've collected quite an assortment of beautiful leaves, thanks to our neighbors' maple trees and the wind blowing them into our yard. My first thought was to make these placemats, but not having any contact paper, I have to put that idea on the back shelf. So this is what I came up with...using twine, assorted real leaves, and mini clothespins from Japan, courtesy of Aunt Tricia and her trips to the 100 yen store (Thanks, Aunt Tricia! They worked GREAT!). What do you think?????


I've been wanting to decorate for fall, but many things have kept me from doing so, mainly my lack of creativity. :) But I wanted to do something, so while the kids were having their rest/nap times, I made my first attempt. We've collected quite an assortment of beautiful leaves, thanks to our neighbors' maple trees and the wind blowing them into our yard. My first thought was to make these placemats, but not having any contact paper, I have to put that idea on the back shelf. So this is what I came up with...using twine, assorted real leaves, and mini clothespins from Japan, courtesy of Aunt Tricia and her trips to the 100 yen store (Thanks, Aunt Tricia! They worked GREAT!). What do you think?????
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It looks great! What a creative idea!
ReplyDeleteThose leaves are so pretty! Real is always better than fake, and cheaper too! :)
ReplyDeletePretty!
ReplyDeleteI think it's lovely! What a great idea for using the little clothespins. I've never known what to do with them!
ReplyDelete