Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Little Peanut

We got to "see" our little peanut on Monday afternoon. Everything seems to be going well, peanut is healthy and growing. And the highlight of the sonogram was that the baby was measuring a week bigger than my 18 weeks. Not that this means anything at all. But it does give me a small glimmer of hope that maybe, just maybe this baby won't make me wait as long to hold him/her. My due dates have changed 3x and while I don't hold stock in them anymore (I usually just tell people I'm due sometime in February...that way, Lord willing, there will be a baby in my arms by the 28th, even though my dates have varied from the 6th (sonogram size) to the 11th (2nd OB appt) and the 15th (1st OB visit). We'll see what transpires, but I'm not counting on meet peanut until later in the month.

We did something we haven't done before with this sonogram. We found out what we're having. Now, I'm not going to mention on here because my mom really really really doesn't want to know. But if you are curious, feel free to send me an e-mail or leave a comment with your e-mail and I'll let you know. Just please don't tell Grammy! :) It was a little anti-climatic for us though, but please don't take that as me being disappointed. We're both thrilled that peanut is healthy and is growing well. As far as we're concerned that's all that matters anyway. :)

1 comment: