Saturday, September 4, 2010

Big Girl Bria

It was a busy weekend for Bria (& the rest of us behind the scenes people :)). I found a toddler bed for her on craigslist and we went out last night to pick it up. Fortunately, the previous owners had only used it for their granddaughter when she spent the night, so it's in excellent shape. She is very excited about being a "big girl" now. And thankfully, whether it was the new bed or not, slept really well last night, much better than the night before. My only complaint about it is that she doesn't seem to nap like she did when she slept in the pack & play, but maybe when the newness and excitement wears off, she'll go back to napping better.

This morning, we went down to the City Market at Riverfront Park. And even though the kids didn't particularly enjoy themselves (they were strapped into the double stroller the whole time), we did find some fruit that they munched on before we headed home. We would have stayed out longer, but I needed to finish Bria's birthday cake for the party tonight, as well as some major cleaning. The party was successful (which isn't hard, when it's a 2 year old you're celebrating!) and she had a good time. The cake was relatively easy this time, thanks to step by step directions from the internet. :) Enjoy the pictures...I'm heading to bed. It's been a long day for me (though Matt let me sleep in this morning, he got up with the kids when they woke up AND he made some really yummy coffee. That boy is a keeper, I'll tell you what!) :)




Pretty excited about the new bed...

Not sure why this picture uploaded sideways...

On our way to City Market...



Enjoying some grapes...

In progress...



Finished! (Did you know they make rainbow Twizzlers?
I sure didn't, but I found them at the store and decided
they would be perfect for the antennas on Bria's cake. I
decided to go with the grape flavored ones).

My 2nd cake. My creativity should have stopped with
the butterfly cake. Oh well...perhaps some know what it's
supposed to be. :)

Sleeping peacefully at naptime...

Snuggling with daddy after a too-short nap

Tyler kept putting his arm around Bria...
she didn't even seem to notice/mind until
I grabbed the camera...









When asked if she needed help, her response was,
"I got it, daddy."









Going to be such a big helper...



Sweeping with her new broom...

2 comments:

  1. Great Job on the cake, anne!!! I am very impressed. Looks like it was a lot of fun. hope you're doing well. Give the little birthday girl a big hug from the Wilseys! Miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bed! So glad you found one!

    ReplyDelete