Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Happy Birthday, Bria Corrine!

Happy Birthday Bria! My little girl turned 2 today (which I find hard to believe). I took the day off and had the best time hanging out with my kiddos again. Man, I really miss that. I know there is an end in sight as far as the working goes (26 weeks, but who's counting?), but I can not even begin to tell you how much I enjoyed today, in spite of the whines and fussiness that occurred. :) We started out the day with chocolate chip pancakes. I was going to make blueberry with the blueberries Grammy brought us from NY, but the kids both turned me down on that...weirdos. :) Then we played around the house for a bit and then went to a park near Matt's work and had a picnic lunch (Tyler's reqest) and played on the playground. The only downside of that part of the day was that I got stung by a yellowjacket during lunch (apparently I sat down right in front of their nest, unbeknownst to me). I was really thankful that it stung me and not one of the kids. (They both wanted to sit next to daddy, so I was the only one on the side of the nest). The kids played on the playground for awhile afterwards and then we headed to Cold Stone Creamery for Bria's free birthday ice cream. I also had a coupon for Tyler & I to enjoy some too. On the way home, the kids both fell asleep and thus, the 10 min car nap wins again. But we survived the afternoon, despite no naps (not even for me!). Matt got home early from work and we decided to open presents before dinner, since none of us were really hungry. After presents, we had dinner of chicken nuggets and tater tots...yum, yum. (I think the kids enjoyed them, but Matt and I were both unimpressed...) Then cupcakes for dessert. After that they played with Bria's new toys (rather nicely, I might add. Tyler was having a tough time today. I don't think other people's birthdays are as much as fun as your birthday, especially when you're 3. :)) and then it was a quick bath, worship, and bed. They didn't stay up and "chat" long, I think they were both exhausted from our fun-filled day. :)

I posted the pictures in order of the day, so enjoy. :)


Good Morning Sunshine!

Mmm, chocolate chip pancakes. Notice
the fork in her left hand...she does this quite often,
has a utensil in one hand and feeds herself with the
other.





A birthday hug from her big brother

Whee, swings!



I think she was impressed that Tyler could
climb up, since she wasn't quite tall enough to do so.

The first of many tongue pictures today.
I think it shows her excitement. :)







Having fun with daddy

Such a happy little girl

The kids were loving being outside today...it's been
a long time since we were out in the early part of the afternoon
and even longer since I was able to take them to a park

Going to check out the bridge





Have I mentioned how much I love my husband?
He's a wonderful daddy and loves to play with them.

Mmm, ice cream. Cotton candy with sprinkles for Bria,
Cotton candy with Gummy Bears for Tyler. Me? I had Mocha
with Reese's pieces. :)

Her "cold" face

His "cold" face

We had a hard time finding gifts for Bria this year...she's not really "into" anything, except anything Tyler plays with. So I was a little apprehensive with what we got her, but she seemed to enjoy them all. Whew. Made it through another birthday without getting "dud" presents.



A baby carrier/car seat.

Getting her baby all buckled in

I think she was a little excited



Pretty new shirt (also came with some pants)
from Aunt Shana, Uncle Joel & Keegan. She wanted to
put it on right away. :)



Grocery cart from Grammy & Papa Mac...notice the tongue again. :)

I love how she's resting her foot on the cart...think
she's seen me do that?? ;)

Pup-pup's turn to sit in the carseat

Watching "Mater's Tall Tales" on the computer

I'll save your brain power. They're supposed to
be butterflies. I didn't get the creative/decorative gene, ok?

Cupcake anticipation...

She kept wanting to grab it and I was afraid she would grab
the candle...

Yellow frosting, not mustard





Who knows...?

Happy Birthday, Bria Bria!!! We love you and hope you had a fun day!

4 comments:

  1. happy birthday, bria!

    molly sticks her tongue out when she's excited, too. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. *I* knew they were butterflies! :) Happy Birthday, Bria, with your cute little tongue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yah for birthdays, chocolate chip pancakes, and new baby dolls. Looks like a great day!

    Didn't know you blogged!

    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful birthday, Bria!! It sure looks like you had lots of fun! And be sure and tell your mommy that there was no need to tell us they were butterflies...we could tell right away!! :)

    ReplyDelete