Saturday, August 21, 2010

3rd pregnancy, 3rd "pet"?

My sister likes to tease me when I'm pregnant about what pet we're going to get next. When I found out I was pregnant with Tyler, I saw a sign at a veterinary's office in De Soto that said "FREE KITTENS", so I stopped on my way home one day. :) Matt wasn't too thrilled when I showed up at his work with this little itty bitty thing, but she was free, so he couldn't complain too much. Then after we found out I was expecting Bria, I bought Matt a yellow labrador retriever puppy for his 30th birthday. My sister kept saying that our pets were getting larger with every pregnancy and what was I going to get for the next time. Well, this time we didn't go bigger. We went much, much, much smaller. After Matt finished mowing the front yard today, I noticed something jumped in the grass. I thought it was a grasshopper and was going to show Tyler & Bria. When I caught it, I realized that it was a little frog instead. Matt decided he wanted to try and keep him for the kids...in the enormously large aquarium he found in somebody's trash about 2 years ago. So right now, "Libbet" is downstairs in the garage in a very large tank with no lid. How long do you think he'll be in there? (I didn't grab my camera early enough, to get a picture of the kids holding it, but they loved to do it. Bria moreso than Tyler (which has often been the case, she's not 100% girlie all the time...sometimes she's a lot more "boyish" than her big brother! ;))




1 comment:

  1. Libbet? Funny! :) (And, glad to hear you aren't getting a St. Bernard...)

    ReplyDelete