Monday, April 26, 2010

Surprise!

**Here's the picture of the whole crew, courtesy of my sister & brother-in-law's camera. I think it came out pretty good, considering it was on a timer!**



We spent last week in Basye, Virginia. My dad, brother & sister and their families surprised my mom for her birthday (which always falls around my dad's spring break) with a week's vacation in a cabin in the mountains. She was thoroughly and completely surprised. We had a wonderful time and the cousins had a blast together. It was finally one vacation that didn't fly by and for that, I am very thankful. :)

Mom's hesistancy shows as she walks into the cabin.

But then the joy shines through.


All 6 grandkids in one shot. Doesn't happen very often.


Grammy reading with Bria


Lydia helping put groceries away


Grammy's birthday dessert, Chocolate Trifle


The boys - Titus, Keegan & Tyler

(There's only 9 months separating the oldest and the

youngest...January, July, September)


Grampa Mac reading to Titus & Tyler


Keegan & Bria were good buddies (11 months apart)


The older 5 kids with Aunt Colleen. Building houses

out of twigs and rocks became a favorite activity of theirs.
Katelyn reading to Titus, Bria & Keegan



Checking out the brook


My brother Joel & his son Keegan


Lydia & Bria playing tag in the tunnel


Smiley little Lydia


Very scenic area



My dad's "pre-retirement" toy - a Mazda Miata.

He's been wanting one of these for years. :)


Lydia getting a ride with Aunt Shana


Uncle Chris helping the kids build with gravel


I think they were singing a song...


Perhaps "In a cabin by the woods"?


Grampa Mac reading with Katelyn & Tyler


2 cute little nephews, Keegan & Titus

(and a cute niece hiding!)


I love this picture. :)


Sharing a lemonade at Chick-Fil-A




The McCreadys - Shana, Keegan & Joel

The Mathews - Titus, Chris, Katelyn, Lydia, & Colleen


The Boyles - Matt, Tyler, Bria & Anne



Grammy & Grampa Mac with all the kids. :)

Lydia (10 1/2 months), Bria (20 months), Titus (2 1/2),

Katelyn (5 1/2), Tyler (3), and Keegan (2 1/2)


**I'm still waiting to get the full family picture from my sister. We decided to only do one camera for that one (on a timer) so when I get them from here, I'll be sure to add it.**



My parents. They are the most amazing parents. They sacrifice so much and the love they have for the Lord shows in everything they do and say. We had a wonderful time, Mom & Dad. So glad we were able to pull off the surprise (whew!) and I can't wait until we can get together again. We love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment