Friday, March 19, 2010

Special morning

This morning I was glad I didn't have to go to work. Don't get me wrong, I still love giving massages, but I love being home with my kids even more. :) Bria slept in this morning (a whole hour and a half later! She didn't wake up until 8:30am!!) so Tyler & I got to enjoy some special "mommy & me" time. He had some oatmeal, but decided he was still hungry after that, so I decided we could make pumpkin muffins (I put the recipe at the bottom of this post). I love this recipe because unlike my other muffin recipe, it doesn't call for milk (which we were out of). And I'm also fond of it because I *made it up*, by combining 2 other recipes. Usually when I try to be creative & make recipes up, they're not very good. This one though, is a keeper. Tyler loves to help me bake and I enjoy his eagerness. He loves dumping the ingredients into the mixing bowl and licking off the beater when we're all done. (Hey, I did it when I was a kid and survived just fine. Raw eggs & all. ;)) He also helped by putting the muffin papers into the pan. He counted the spots as he put them in. He really enjoyed helping and I am so thankful for mornings like these. They seem to offset the ones that we have more often.








Counting the papers & putting them in the pan

Mmm, don't they look yummy!? ;)

Mornin' sunshine! :)

Mmm, the finished product!

I think he's had at least 5 today... ;)

She's had at least 2.
***********************************************
Pumpkin Muffins
1/2 c. butter, softened
1 1/4 c. sugar
2 eggs
2 c. flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 c. canned pumpkin
1 tsp. cloves
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. nutmeg
Cream butter & sugar. Add 1 egg at a time. Mix in flour & half of pumpkin. Add spices and rest of pumpkin. Mix well and pour batter into muffin pan with papers. Sprinkle with cinnamon & sugar if desired. Bake at 375 degrees for 20 min.

1 comment: