We have once again, been blessed by our church family. For the past few years, Matt & I have wanted to redo our sidewalk, but we never were able to. When we were praying for Matt not to have surgery, there were some people in our church, mainly our associate pastor, who came up with a "surprise" for us. Assuming that Matt was going to have surgery & be in the hospital for a few days, they were going to redo our sidewalk. But since the Lord answered our prayer and allowed Matt to stay out of the hospital & not have to have surgery, Lucas decided that he still wanted to surprise us. So he talked to the CY boys about it and they decided to pick a day while they were on spring break and do it. We were told on Sabbath, after morning worship, that they would be coming over on Tuesday and giving us new sidewalk. And that is exactly what they did. They arrived before 8am yesterday and didn't complete the job until about 6pm. They worked hard (when I left for work, one of the boys was using a sledgehammer to break up our existing sidewalk!) and the sidewalk & steps look BEAUTIFUL! Really. It has never looked this nice. We have steps that are no longer treacherous to go up or down (the railing will come later, perhaps this summer?). We truly have been blessed, in so many ways, by the Shawnee church. And while we are sad that the Hannas will be leaving us to take a pastorate in Pennsylvania, we know that the Lord will bless this. To see this type of love & unselfishness in action is very encouraging. And also very humbling. How Christ-like is my attitude? How loving am I? Would I be willing to give my time, energy, & hard work this willingly? I think I have some things to work on. I hope you enjoy the pictures (I was at work in the morning and didn't even THINK to grab my camera until they were already done pouring the cement!). We sure do appreciate the work they did. :) Thanks again, guys. It looks great!

Giving it a "textured" look

Edging it to make it look professional
Giving it a "textured" look
Edging it to make it look professional
This is so great! What a wonderful surprise! I love our church, too. The Body of Christ in action!
ReplyDelete