I wasn't sure how this day was going to end up because it didn't start out well at all. Tyler woke up cranky & fought everything that we did and/or tried to do. When I dropped him off at Grandma's, I told her not to give him special treatment today, because we was being disobedient and nasty, so if he was going to act that way, then his "it's his birthday" excuse wasn't going to get him anywhere. But despite having a rough start to the day, after a good nap, he seemed to be happier, which in turn makes mommy & daddy happier. :) We took him to
Fritz's, which was the first time for all of us except for Matt (he had been there a looooooooooooooooong time ago!). It was really cute, Tyler & Bria both loved watching the trains, so much so that we had to constantly remind Bria to eat - NOT normal if you know her at all! :) When we got there, they had asked if we had been there before and I told them no, but said we were there tonight because it was Tyler's birthday. After our food had been delivered, a waitress came over and told us that since there was a birthday, there was a free ice cream sundae. Tyler got all shy and buried his face behind Matt's coat, so we ordered a strawberry sundae for him. It was HUGE! Good thing we got it to go, so he can work on it this week. :) After we ate, we headed out to Cold Stone Creamery for Matt & Tyler's free ice creams (I know, I know: 2 ice creams with in an hour's time!) but we had told him about this for awhile, so he was really excited about it and knew just what he wanted. And we had no idea that Fritz's did birthday specials, so...) He ordered Cotton Candy Ice Cream with Gummy Bears as his creation. Am I getting
old or does that just sound sick? ;) But he ate it all up, with the exception of 2 gummy bears that I gave to Bria. He also shared a bite of ice cream with her and Matt shared with both of us, so I think Bria got her fill too. Anyway, it ended up being kind of a late night, so we didn't do any presents tonight (we didn't want our already WOUND little boy to not fall asleep at all), but I think we'll make this whole week his birthday week. After all, his actual "party" isn't until Saturday. And who doesn't like to make birthdays last as long as possible?? :) I hope you enjoy the pictures, it's hard to believe it's already been 3 years. I still remember hearing Matt say (VERY excitedly I might add) "It's a...BOY!!! We have a son!!!" We have been blessed by this little boy, even on his cranky days. Happy 3rd Birthday, Tyler! We love you SOOOOOOOOOO much!!

Yes, my son is blowing out candles in his cereal bar...I didn't
get up early enough to make something better, like cinnamon
rolls, pancakes or waffles! :D

"No, I don't want to blow them out! I don't want to have
a birthday!" (Seriously buddy? 3 years old isn't
that bad.
Wait a few years and then see what you think about birthdays!)

Success, finally!

Just had to throw this picture in there;
it makes me laugh. A lot. :D

Licking the beater while I frosted cupcakes


Enjoying the spatula

At Fritz's...I got this shot quite a few times

See?


Not one of the food trains, but still captivating. :)

Looks like he's deciding what to order...too bad
he had already told us "Nuggets and fries".

Food being delivered. I didn't know it was coming
(my back was to the kitchen, so I wasn't prepared).

Food delivery (the basket underneath is what
holds the food)

Mmm, the cherry off his sundae.

Birthday Boy! :)

He kinda blends in with the seat...


Chewing a "frozen" gummy bear

Silly girl entertaining herself

Seeing his new CARS comforter on his bed

Thanks, Grammy & Papa Mac!
What a fun birthday, Tyler!!! How we thank God for you! G&G
ReplyDelete