Monday, February 1, 2010

Tyler's Birthday Party

On Saturday we had Tyler's Birthday Party. He had given me quite a list of people he wanted to invite, but due to some sicknesses in 2 of the families, the party turned out to be a rather small affair. After he got over the fact that he was the center of attention for the morning (what can I say, I've passed something else on to my son, other than red hair), he had a good time. And we still have leftover birthday cake in the freezer, but he has agreed to take it to church next Sunday night in order for his little friends that didn't get to come to his party to enjoy some.

On another birthday note, Matt's birthday was yesterday. He was adamently opposed to me getting him anything, so I made him breakfast & lunch: Chocolate Raspberry Coffee & Cinnamon Rolls for breakfast and London Broil, mashed potatoes with gravy, asparagus & rolls for lunch and Soapapilla (sp?) Cheesecake for dessert. I need to work on my main dish skills, as the London Broil left a lot to be desired, but he enjoyed the asparagus (yes, we really like asparagus!) and the cheesecake. Apparently the cheescake is tied for one of his favorite desserts, along with Apple & Pumpkin Pies, so if you know Matt at all, you know he was pretty happy about it. :)


By far the easiest birthday cake I've attempted. :)



A friend from church gave us some *free* Cars
decorations, so it really made the dining room look
more "party-like"



Tyler & Philomena

We were singing "Happy Birthday" and this is how
he stayed until we were completely done singing. What
can I say, we've got a super shy little boy! :)

Getting ready to blow out his candles







No comments:

Post a Comment