Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Our Trip To PA

I'm shirking my wifely duties. We just got back from Pennsylvania last night and instead of doing laundry, picking up toys, or making a grocery list, I'm holding my sleeping daughter (perhaps the car ride made it difficult to nap lying still?) and attempting to update my blog. If you see any typos, let me know. Typing one handed is not something I do very well. ;)

After a very LONG 16 hrs of seeing very little except rain and darkness, we made it to Pittsburgh safe and sound. I am 100% sure it was the Lord watching over us, because the last 3 hrs we were both, shall we say, extremely slow in our senses and responses. We drove through rain the entire trip, with the wipers only being off for about an hour the whole time. We got there around 9am and after attempting to take a nap around 10am, I gave up and decided to make my way through the day. After all, who wants to waste time sleeping when there's family to see. :) We all had a great time. Tyler especially enjoyed playing with Katelyn and Titus. It was too short, as is always the case (at least as far as I'm concerned!), but we enjoyed every minute and stored up memories for later. Our trip home was very uneventful, the kids did just as well as they did on the way out and we made it home in just over 14 hrs. We had some rain for the last 2 hrs in Missouri, but nothing like the trip out.



My smiley 4 month old neice, Lydia. The last time
we saw my sister's family, Bria was this old. :(



My mom, Lydia, and Bria. Bria loves hats (helmets).



My beautiful neice, Katelyn. She's turning 5 tomorrow!!



My cute nephew, Titus. He cracks
me up and he's only 2.



My dad with 4 of the 6 grandkids. Think
he can fit anymore in that chair?



Attempted 5, but Tyler wasn't having it.



Lydia Joyce and Cousin Joyce Lynn



My sister's masterpiece.



Katelyn was SO excited!!!



See?



It was very special for us to be there to celebrate
her birthday.



Joyce probably won't like this picture,
but I've found that candids turn out better
than posed ones sometimes.



Ooh, lipgloss. Don't worry, it was mom-
approved: it's clear. :)



Thank you hugs.



Petting zoo at Geneva Homecoming.
(Titus and Grampa Mac)



Katelyn & Joyce



Tyler feeding a goat.



They had horse rides too. Tyler really wanted to
ride it, so we stood in line. Once I put him on the horse,
he wasn't so sure about it, but he enjoyed it after he
relaxed and realized I wasn't going anywhere.




Titus wasn't scared at all.



Family picture, Take 1

Family picture, Take 2
(We would have tried to get a few more, but
after this picture was taken, Tyler threw his head
back and smacked into Bria's and that was the end
of the Boyle family picture)

Cute Titus

My sister's beautiful family.
Titus, Chris, Colleen, Lydia, & Katelyn

Everyone tries to tell me that I'm the
strange one. ;)

There. That's better. Haven't had a picture
taken together since our brother's wedding, which
happened to be 6 years ago, on the day.

Katelyn reading to the boys.

Lydia & Bria on the floor (9 months apart)

More silly faces.

And of course. You have to get one of the tongues. :)

Happy Little Lydia

My sister. Isn't she beautiful?

Katelyn & Colleen. Do you see a resemblance?

One of my very best friends, Maureen.
Seeing her was unexpected. Her grandfather passed away
and the viewing was while we were still in town. I haven't
seen her in 6 years either. She's the same as she was and
just as beautiful as she was then.

Titus & Tyler had a lot of fun with this chair. It spins.

Grampa Mac & Grammy with 5 out of the 6.
I think there's a perfect spot in the middle for Keegan. :)
(Titus-2, Lydia-4 months, Katelyn-5, Bria-13 months, Tyler-2 1/2 +)

Take 2. And you'll have to guess how we managed
to get everyone looking. I'm not telling. :)

Monday afternoon, we went to the Pittsbugh
Zoo. Matt took lots of pictures of the animals,
but I thought I'd only post the ones of the PEOPLE
we were with!! :)

There were lots of slides at the zoo, so we took
a break from watching the animals and went down
a few times.

Uncle Jonathan stopped by on his way home from work
Monday night. Katelyn treated him as she would one of her
own uncles!!! :)

2 comments:

  1. argh! i can't believe you guys were at homecoming and i totally missed you! i knew we were missing a ton by waiting in that zip-line line for the kids. we even stopped at the petting zoo but it must have been after you left...glad that your trip went well tho'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you guys had a GREAT time! So glad you were able to go and see so many friends and family. :)

    ReplyDelete