Thursday, October 29, 2009

Life is Precious

I have been following this mom's blog for awhile, maybe 6 or 7 months. If you feel so inclined, please pray for their little boy. His first birthday is today (a feat in and of itself, as he was not expected to be born alive) and he's in the hospital. He's not doing very well. As I put my 2 very healthy children to bed tonight, I'm reminded again of how precious life is. How precious these children are, whom the Lord gave us to love and cherish, but ultimately are his. Their lives are in His hands, just as mine is. As it says in Psalm 139:16 "All the days were ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be." Last week in discipleship group, we talked about this. It's a comfort to me, as it is a good reminder that God doesn't make mistakes. I found out Tuesday morning that a guy I went to high school with (he was a year ahead of me) passed away from a brain tumor and pneumonia. He wasn't even 30. His birthday was in 2 more weeks. While I'm saddened by this, because he was a very nice young man, as well as friendly and respectful to everyone he came in contact with, it is my prayer that he loved Jesus. I know I had many classmates (and many friends in his class too) that will probably think that he was taken too young, but God knew the days he had ordained for him, regardless if it was "too young" by human standards or not. So many things are out of our control, no matter how much we try to change them. The Lord is in control. The Lord knows EXACTLY what he's doing. Who am I to try and question that? I seek the Lord's will for my life. I want to serve him in all I do and say. I want His light to shine through me. I want to be bold in my faith and not keep quiet. So I leave you with these verses tonight, taken from I Thessalonians 5:16-18 "Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."

No comments:

Post a Comment