Monday, September 7, 2009

Labor Day

Since Matt had the day off today, we wanted to do something as a family, so we dressed everyone with a KU logo and headed off to Chik-Fil-A for our free sandwiches. (They were giving away free original sandwiches if you wore your sports team logo today...) I forgot how big their sandwiches are, so not only were Matt & I sufficiently filled just by a sandwich, the kids also enjoyed their chicken, cut up nugget style. So 4 free sandwiches and 4 cups of water that were also free, made up our lunch today. Sounds like a good lunch to me, don't you think? ;) After we lunch, we headed down to Deanna Rose Farmstead and walked around. The kids and I had been there before, we went down in the spring with Grandma, Aunt Sarah, Uncle Tim & Sawyer. The last time we went, Tyler didn't want to get out of the stroller (except to play on the playgrounds) and this time, he actually went in with Matt and petted the goats. Once the goats and sheep realized that our kids didn't have any food for them, they weren't very interested in hanging around them. But they got a chance to pet them, so that's good. They have all sorts of "farm" animals (ie. cows, goats, sheep, horses, turkeys, rabbits) and they had a couple "exotic" animals as well (ie. bobcats, bald eagle, red tailed hawk, great horned owl, turtles, and HUGE goldfish). They have lots of antique tractors, flowers, plants, buildings, etc. to keep and hold everyone's attention. It's a fun place to go, especially since it's FREE (the theme of our day! ;)). The kids really seemed to enjoy themselves. They were both asleep within 5 minutes of being in the car. :) And now Matt is breaking the law of the day (as in NO LABORING) and mowing the lawn over at the church. Our yard could use a trim too, but since the kids aren't napping, I'm not breaking the "No Labor Law". Perhaps this is just my rule of the day? Hope you all enjoyed a day out of the norm.

Petting the goat







Whee!!!

Tyler's always too fast for me to get a good
picture when he's going down the slide

I've always thought this cut-out face boards
are really dumb, but Matt really wanted to get
the kids picture taken in them, so I went along with it. :)



Watching Pippi the cow enjoy some hay



These were the baby goats...if you paid $1 or something
you could get a bottle to feed the goats. As I said before,
realizing that our kids didn't have anything to feed them, they
weren't too interested in hanging around.





No comments:

Post a Comment