Monday, August 24, 2009

Happy Birthday, Bria!

Hard to believe that a year has already gone by since my sweet smiley little girl joined our family. It's almost as if she knew today was a special day; she was extra smiley, extra happy, and extra sweet. Needless to say, I think she enjoyed her day. I know I did and I'm pretty sure Matt & Tyler did too. We started out the morning by sleeping in! I didn't know that was possible anymore, but sure enough, the kids both slept in until almost 8am! That was a really nice treat (for me!). Then we had breakfast. I was going to make pancakes, but I saw we still had some leftover from the last time I made them (perhaps I make them too much? My kids might be getting tired of them), so I decided I'd make French Toast instead. I used cookie cutters and made elephants and hearts for the kids and topped them with powdered sugar. Guess who didn't eat a single bite? Neither one. I figured Tyler wouldn't eat them (he has some strange aversion to eggs, even French Toast because it's been dipped in eggs), but I was really surprised that Bria didn't. Oh well, maybe it was because she ate a whole banana before the toast. They sure licked the sugar off though. ;) After breakfast, the kids played for awhile and then Bria decided she was ready for a nap, so Tyler and I hung out and played for a bit. Bria slept for 2 hours!!!! That never happens. So after we all ate lunch, we headed out to The Legends (shopping, etc.) because we had a coupon for a free ice cream for Bria's birthday and I needed to go to Carter's. Tyler and Bria shared Bria's ice cream and they were very good for me when we went to Carter's. We came home and played some more. When Matt came home from work, we let Bria open her presents and then Grandpa & Grandma Boyle came over for pizza and leftover birthday cake. Grandpa felt really bad that he didn't make her "party" on Saturday. She once again ate her cake very daintily, but somehow ended up with it all over her face. :) She enjoyed playing with her new toys and showing things to Grandpa and Grandma. They both went to bed without too much of a fight, despite the sugar intake right before bed. They've been quiet for awhile. Here are some pictures from our day...enjoy!


Monthly bear pictures were pretty successful this time.
Fortunately you can't tell that I was tickling her before
I snapped all the pictures. ;)



My mom always made us a little birthday sign
for each of our birthdays (at least up through high school)
and I always felt really special that she took the time to do that.
I've tried carrying that tradition on to my children, but I am not nearly as creative as she was/is, nor do I spend the time on it that she did either. So this is what I came up with on Word
about a half an hour before the "party". :)

Opening presents!

A new puzzle

Checking out her gifts from Uncle Joel,
Aunt Shana, and Keegan.

Bria and her loot.

Her loot was a hit with Tyler too. ;)

Pizza for dinner! (I should have just given her the
crust, I think that's all she really ate)

Ha ha! :)

She says so much with her eyes...

Laughing at Grandpa's silly faces and sounds

Cheesey smile, but better than what I got on Saturday
(I took a picture from each month and put them up
to see how much she had changed).

Showing off her new skill: walking A LOT!





Tyler trying to lift Bria up...

Happy 1st Birthday, Bria! It's been a joy watching you grow and change, Baby Girl. We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment