Saturday, August 22, 2009

The cake


Starting out...

Was trying to make "letter blocks" that
spelled out Bria's name

Finished...or so I thought.

Bria's mini cake

Both cakes

I ended up having to redo the letters a few different time due to the frosting/icing (powdered sugar and milk) I used kept melting. I should have just kept the letters in the freezer until
we were ready to serve the cake, so they were pretty melted by the time we ate. Oh well. For the 2nd cake attempt (I consider Tyler's 2nd birthday cake the 1st attempt because we just did cupcakes for his 1st birthday here and my sister made his pup-pup cake when we celebrated in NY), I didn't think it was too bad. The frosting is actually lavender, but you can'treally tell in any of my pictures.

3 comments:

  1. Nice job Anne! I am impressed. It looks like a great celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job on the cakes! I have a good decorating recipe for icing (Though NOT very healthy) so call me next time and I'll get that to you. It's nice and stiff.

    ReplyDelete