Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Funny Story (for some)

This story could be funny for some, for others it may just be *TMI* (too much information!) so proceed reading at your own risk...

Monday afternoon Tyler & Bria were playing back in their room (or so I thought, at least that's where he was when I checked on them 10 minutes before) and I usually leave them alone back there because there's nothing for either of them to get into trouble with. I was searching for a recipe on the internet and Tyler comes into the living room with licking his lips (not the good licking; licking like he tasted something that he didn't like) and scrunching his face. I could see that there was some reddish color on his lips, but when I smelled his breath, I couldn't smell anything, so I told him to show mommy what he ate. He took my hand, led me into our bathroom and pointed to a bottle: stool softeners. (These were suggested to me after the kids were born, but didn't realize they were accessible to little hands - they haven't been used in awhile, I know TMI!) So my child who normally has 2 or 3 dirty diapers a day ate a stool softener. I think it was only one, because they certainly don't taste good and I can't imagine that he ate more than one. And I'll just leave my final TMI with this: his normal 2-3 dirty diapers a day increased to 4 or 5 on Tuesday. Great. ;) Think we'll be keeping our bedroom door shut from now on. Wouldn't want him to find something worse.

1 comment:

  1. OH my!!! funny indeed.

    Found your blog through anothers.

    love it and the monkeys

    HUGS

    ReplyDelete