Sunday, March 15, 2009

Tyler and Bria continue to bring us joy everyday. Tyler has learned so many new signs from the "Signing Time" dvds we borrow from the library. He is definitely absorbing everything he sees and hears...take note, mom and dad! He's a happy little boy. He has well over 100 signs, I'm sure. I haven't sat down to actually count them all out (I'd probably forget some anyway!) And he's saying words verbally first and if we don't understand what he's trying to say, he'll sign it and then we understand. Our lives have been so much easier and much more peaceful because of sign language!!

Bria is still the ambitious one. She's 6 1/2 months old now and is lunging at everything! It doesn't matter if it's food, plates, cups, toys, etc. If it's remotely within her reach, LOOK OUT! It's funny to me; she learned to roll over from her tummy to back when she was about 3 1/2 months old, and rolls around all the time now. But recently she's starting to roll herself onto her tummy in her bed and she does not like that one bit. It's almost as if she's forgotten the 1st skill she achieved. She looks like a fish out of water. I have even been able to discern her "I've rolled over on to my tummy and now I don't know what to do" cry. But then this evening when I was trying to get her pjs on her, she was rolling and wiggling all over the place. And she was on her tummy and seemed perfectly ok with it. It's amazing how quickly she can go from being "stuck" on her tummy to contemplating crawling. Yikes! I don't think I'm ready for that stage yet, but I have a feeling it's going to be coming soon. It will be fun watching her and Tyler interact when they are both mobile though. :) I love hearing them laugh at each other!



No comments:

Post a Comment