Friday, February 13, 2009

Just call me Oscar

Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed. (Proverbs 16:3)

A patient man has great understanding, but a quick-tempered man displays folly. (Proverbs 14:29)

In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps. (Proverbs 16:9)

Listen to advice and accept instruction, and in the end you will be wise. (Proverbs 19:20)

Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails. (Proverbs 19:21)




I have had one of those weeks. You know the ones where every little thing irritates you and you think your name should be changed to Oscar the Grouch? Yeah. One of THOSE weeks. And while I don't think Tyler or Bria will remember tomorrow that "Mommy wasn't nice today", it still bothers me. I have so many things to work on. I have to understand that with a 2 year old and an almost 6 month old, things are going to spilled, spit up on, knocked over and perhaps even broken. But in the grand scheme of things, is it really worth me getting all worked up over? No, probably not. That isn't to say that if there were disobedience involved it would be ignored, but I need to remember that these are just the phases and stages of life right now. They aren't glamorous. And sometimes they aren't fun. But these children were given to us from the Lord. They are BLESSINGS. I need to work on enjoying their learning new things and trying to be "big kids" instead of getting mad that my coffee got spilled on off-white carpet by an eager 2 year old or that I will probably smell like spit up for a few more months. And even though I'm trying to start a new habit of getting up earlier and starting my day when the kids are still sleeping, I'm sure there will be days that I will stay in bed and grumble when I hear them wake up. So instead of trying to get peace by shouting "Serenity Now!", I am going to continue getting up at 6:15am and spend some time in prayer. It makes a real difference in my attitude the rest of the day.

2 comments:

  1. Anne, I think that is so wise! It really is amazing how much of a difference it makes to start the day with the Lord--Not that it's a 'magic pill', but He does give grace! You are a great Mom and so focused on doing the right things for your children. Be encouraged!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admire you for making an effort to start your day ealier.. I should follow suit. These are phases.. you will survive. I just try to give extra hugs on those types of days;) It makes me feel better anyway!

    ReplyDelete