I gave Tyler a haircut today. I knew he needed one for awhile, but didn't realize how bad it actually was until we were at the park on Saturday and his hair was blowing behind him when he was running around. I got tired of tucking it behind his ears at church yesterday and I was half tempted to put Bria's clips in his hair. THAT'S when I knew it was time. I've given him trims before, but this is probably the most I've done so far. I think I get a little more confident every time. Last time I ended up cutting his bangs WAY too short and I got a lot of "Lloyd Christmas" comments on it. (For those of you who don't know who Lloyd Christmas is, it's Jim Carrey's character on the movie "Dumb & Dumber". He had a bowl cut...). Now, I'm not saying this is a great haircut and I'm really proud of it (don't look too closely, there are still some long ones mixed in there!), but I think it's the best one I've done so far. I could have done more, but Tyler's lollipop was gone (the only way I can get him to sit still for a few minutes) and I didn't want to give him another. After all, it was 9:30 in the morning. He DEFINITElY didn't need any more sugar that early in the day. :) He did pretty well this time. He only fussed a couple of times, usually when I sprayed his head with the squirt bottle. I guess I should have taken a couple of before pictures, but if you want to see what it used to look like just look at the older posts. :)





...and just because she's cute! :)
What no haircutting trips to "Barry's Garage"???? Maybe a little to young for that experience?? Just kidding! It looks cute!
ReplyDeleteCuties! I have not mastered hair-cutting yet on my boys. My brother-in-law give me a demonstration over Christmas, though, so I may try again...
ReplyDeleteyeah, elijah's haircuts are, ummm, not very professional - i get as much cut as i can during one lolipop and thomas video, and that's what he gets. =) i guess it works out, though, since if you cut it too short it just sticks up crazy all over the place. i think you did fine - tyler's hair looks good!
ReplyDelete