Saturday, January 31, 2009

Happy "Golden" Birthday, Matt!

Today is Matt's birthday. And apparently it's called his "Golden" birthday because his age matches the date...31 on the 31st. Neither he or I are big "birthday" people, so to say he had an exceptional day is probably overstating it. But I'll try to recap it for you so you can see how exciting and fun-filled it really was. :)

Let's see...

I got up at 5:30am to start some cinnamon rolls in the bread machine (but crawled back into bed as soon as I was finished with that...the dough cycle is an hour and a half!)

The cinnamon rolls were in the oven by 8am and the coffee was perking (or is it perculating, even if you're not using a perculator??)

At 8:30am, I stuck a candle in a roll, and Tyler helped me carry it into the living room and we (er, I) sang "Happy Birthday". Bet that's never happened before!!!

I left for work around 9am and he got to play with Tyler and Bria for the next 2 hours (although Bria slept for part of that time, so I guess he played with Tyler and Gideon, our yellow lab).

After Bria woke up from her nap, I fed her and then we took the kids and Gideon for a nice walk. It's not very often that it's 65 degrees on the 31st of January in many places, let alone Kansas. We went to the park, Tyler played and Matt & Gideon walked/jogged 5 miles.

Later in the afternoon, we took the kids over to Grandpa & Grandma's house and Matt & I went to go see "Marley & Me". GOOD movie. Fairly clean, only a few words that could have been omitted, but overall, we really enjoyed it. Of course having a Yellow Labrador Retriever might have SOMETHING to do with it, but I think everyone would like it. It had it's sad parts, but at least it didn't end like "Old Yeller"...When the movie was over we went to Houlihans for dinner. Matt had a coupon for a free entree since it was his birthday and he also had some coupons for free desserts too. I wasn't all that impressed with the food, but I really enjoyed spending time with Matt, by ourselves and getting to eat my own food while it was still hot and not having to worry about feeding someone else. The dessert was the best part, in my opinion, but then again, I often think dessert is the best part of a meal. :) I had the chocolate capuccino cake. It was off the 'Mini Dessert' menu and it was really good. It wasn't too big (hence the "mini" part), and none of the flavors were too overpowering. I didn't have any trouble finishing it at all.

When we finished dinner, we went back to his parent's house to get the kids and then came home and put them to bed. Fortunately I gave them baths last night, otherwise it would have been a very late night for them. Bria was already out past her "prime" time and let's everyone know that she'd rather be in her bed sleeping when it's after 8pm. :)

So as you can see, it might not be a thrilling or exciting day by most, but he enjoyed himself. I think we all did. It was such a beautiful day, how could you not???

Happy Birthday, Matt! I hope this year is even better than the ones before. I love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment