Friday, October 3, 2008

Weigh-in

Bria has been spitting up/vomitting the past few weeks, but since she's not in distress when she does it, our doctor said not to worry, as long as she's having plenty of wet/dirty diapers and is gaining weight. She apparently just likes to suck (and not usually wanting to take a pacifier) and overfills herself by doing so. While his reassurance helped some, I was still concerned, so this morning after a VERY dirty diaper, I put a clean one on her and stepped on the scales...this little girl weighed in at 13 pounds and she's only 6 weeks old (or will be, on Sabbath)!! We may have to get the next size up in diapers because the ones she's in now are up to 14 pounds (which could explain why the outfits often need to be changed along with the diaper change). Ok, so I guess she's gaining weight, so I'll just accept the spitting up as overflow/overfill and not be too concerned. I wish she'd figure out her stopping point though; I don't like spit up. Nothing like smelling like sour milk. So much for that sweet baby smell I hear everyone talking about...everyone says I'll get over it, it's no big deal. Sorry, but I'm not finding that to be the case. I HATE spit up. Regergitated (is that spelled right!?) milk is not something I will ever get over. It's a good thing she's cute. :) And at least she smells good after a bath...for a little while at least. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment